Discuss Latest WCI Blog Post: Milestones to Millionaire: Our New Podcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discuss Latest WCI Blog Post: Milestones to Millionaire: Our New Podcast

Introducing the NEW Milestones to Millionaire podcast! Get inspired by stories from high-income professionals on their pathway to financial success.

The post Milestones to Millionaire: Our New Podcast appeared first on The White Coat Investor - Investing & Personal Finance for Doctors.

Click here to view the article!
    Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Smart move - give the people more of what they want. I have to admit, one of my favorite podcasts is "Millionaires Unveiled." As much as I like to say it's for the mindset and tactics, there's a certain degree of voyeurism behind it as well.

Comment

Just a comment, but I would prefer to "read" about the interview rather than listen to a podcast.

Everyone has a story. I predict this will be a great hit.

Comment

I agree with Bev that I would rather read the stories.

Comment

I am not an expert on WCI's business but I've heard that the spoken word is much easier to monetize than the written word in this day and age. EVERYONE has a podcast, and blog posts can be farmed out to guests or used as ads.

Comment

Originally posted by Bev View Post
            Just a comment, but I would prefer to "read" about the interview rather than listen to a podcast.

Everyone has a story. I predict this will be a great hit.
            You know the podcasts have shownotes, right? You can read to your heart's content. Verbatim if you want.
            Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Lithium View Post
              I am not an expert on WCI's business but I've heard that the spoken word is much easier to monetize than the written word in this day and age. EVERYONE has a podcast, and blog posts can be farmed out to guests or used as ads.
              I wish that were true. Forums, Facebook Groups, Podcasts...all difficult to monetize. I'm not sure we're "in the black" on any of those three. Difficult to track of course.

Comment

I am 13.6 x more likely to listen to the podcast of these personal vignettes than I am to read about them in the blog. It's much more interesting to me to hear the person's story in their own voice. Several years ago, just because I could download it from the library, I listened to the autobiography of Toni Tennille (you youngsters will have to google that one). It was read by her and fascinating and captivating, and in a million years I would not have read it.

Comment

Originally posted by VagabondMD View Post
                  I am 13.6 x more likely to listen to the podcast of these personal vignettes than I am to read about them in the blog. It's much more interesting to me to hear the person's story in their own voice. Several years ago, just because I could download it from the library, I listened to the autobiography of Toni Tennille (you youngsters will have to google that one). It was read by her and fascinating and captivating, and in a million years I would not have read it.
                  Agree. I really like podcasts. I feel like I am hanging out with the people. I was ice fishing up in Maine listening to this one and trying to stay warm and convince the fish to bite while I listened. Felt like those folks were on the ice with me.

Comment

I read the shownotes. I have a real hard time listening to a podcast. Same goes for recorded lectures or even now with these zoom meetings. My mind tends to wander.

Funny because I listen to audiobooks just fine.

Anyway I appreciate that the podcast is available in readable form. I wish all of them were.

Comment

I prefer to read because I no longer have any commute. When I walk outside I like to listen to the birds or stop and talk to neighbors. I know strange.

Comment

I know podcasts are popular, but I can’t force myself. Data rate is too slow. It is odd though because I am good with audiobook s and typically have one on for the commute. I think the difference is that I want the podcast to get to the point and I want the book to last. If I read I burn through the books too fast.

Comment

Working...
                        X