No announcement yet.

EIN - how to change address?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • EIN - how to change address?

    I tried to do this by phone but after navigating the phone tree was told they were not able to handle call at this time...

    Has anyone done this successfully, and know how to do it? I think I will need to mail in a form, but not sure if 8822-A or 8822-B would be more appropriate, or perhaps another route altogether.

  • #2
    I've felt the same pain of calling the IRS; I sometimes cringe when calling, and it's seemed to me to be a problem that's gotten worse lately. When I've changed my address I've just written the new one in whatever form I was filling out. Later I've received letters from them (I've changed it twice recently) saying they received a change of address and no response from me seemed needed.