Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• runfast00
    replied
    Thanks Larry for the book recommendation.

99 cents on Amazon. What a value for the information!

Leave a comment:

• Larry Ragman
    replied
    Read James Lange’s Beating the New Death Tax https://www.amazon.com/Retirement-Ow...s%2C166&sr=8-1

Leave a comment:

• dennis
    replied
    Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post

Then those laws will likely be changed again by a future administration.
    That is the dilemma isn't it? I am loathe to make drastic changes because I don't have a crystal ball as to what the estate tax rules are going to be when I shuffle off the planet. As an example my parents divested some assets years ago when the death tax hit after $2M then the law changed and raised the bar significantly. Hard to know what to do.

Leave a comment:

• runfast00
    replied
    Originally posted by dennis View Post
    Personally I wouldn't change any estate planning and incur legal/advisor cost .....
    I’m going DIY. In my investments I was 100% DIY until I did Vanguard Advisors starting a year ago for about half my portfolio.

With estate planning things will change every 4 years: presidents, real estate, family. So I think it is even more important that I understand the why so I can make changes myself.

Leave a comment:

• CordMcNally
    replied
    Originally posted by dennis View Post
    Personally I wouldn't change any estate planning and incur legal/advisor costs until we see what happens with the Georgia senate elections and see where we end up with tax law changes with the new administration. If Biden gets his way there are going to be significant tax law changes, especially impacting estate plans.
    Then those laws will likely be changed again by a future administration.

Leave a comment:

• dennis
    replied
    Personally I wouldn't change any estate planning and incur legal/advisor costs until we see what happens with the Georgia senate elections and see where we end up with tax law changes with the new administration. If Biden gets his way there are going to be significant tax law changes, especially impacting estate plans.

Leave a comment:

• StarTrekDoc
    replied
    truthfully - search these forums; quite a few over the past year with SECURE newly passed. We redid ours a few years ago and kicked around the idea of revising it, but deferring for now until the next level arrives - kids get married/grandkids.

Leave a comment:

• CordMcNally
    replied
    I don’t have anything to add but this is on my list for this year.

Leave a comment:

• runfast00
    replied
    https://bogleheads.podbean.com

I didn't include a link

Leave a comment:

• Bogleheads on Investing Podcast: Episode 29 Frazer Rice

After the WCI Podcast, this is my second favorite podcast. This month's episode is another good one covering a topic I am interested about this year: estate planning and trusts. I learned so much.

I turn 40 this year and my wife and I are updated our Trust - I am trying to learn more about the details of this process as we are nearing financial independence and actually have some more complicated assets than earlier in our lives.

I noticed in the monthly newsletter that The White Coat Investor was also looking to update those documents this year. I hope there is some more content around that topic.

Do others have good resources that I can learn more about trusts/estate planning?
Working...
X