stethoscope recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stethoscope recommendation

Looking for a good, cost-effective stethoscope.  Currently using a Littmann IIE and I hate the snappy rubber ring deal, would like a stethoscope with a fixed diaphragm and bell.  Doesn't need to be super sensitive (not a cardiologist).  Bonus if its available through Amazon.

Thanks in advance and much appreciated.

Love my Littmann Master Cardiology

Comment

Save your money. No one uses those anymore.

Comment

A what?

Comment

Master Cardiology is a great one and used for many years until it snapped two months ago. Borrow colleagues classic II and it was a horrible day.  Amazon 1 day pickup saved my ears

Comment

Unlike Vagabond and Zaphod I still use a stethoscope as a hospitalist, LOL. I use a Littman 3 and have been doing so for years. Myfirst one lasted probably 8 years.

Comment

Master Cardiology is a great one and used for many years until it snapped two months ago. Borrow colleagues classic II and it was a horrible day.  Amazon 1 day pickup saved my ears

Same happened to me.  My intitial Master Cardiology was given to me by my family doc when he  learned I got into med school.  I used this for 8 yrs until it broke one day.  I then borrowed a Litman Classic and the quality and acoustic difference was really noticeable.  I ordered a new Master Cardioogy that day

Comment

A what?

Yeah, seriously.  I am essentially just pretending to listen at this point  

Comment

Love my Littmann Master Cardiology

seconded ^^.

Just don't be the guy who walked into the car dealership yesterday with it around his neck!

Comment

The one that they use for the isolation carts.  It is cost-effective (free), it is anti-theft (literally no one covets it), easily replaced (they have boxes and boxes of them), and the color matches my scrubs.

Comment

I have the Littman Cardiology III, I use it every day (anesthesiologist), very happy with it. I have had it for 9 years.

Comment

Depends what specialty you are in. I can count on one hand the amount of times I have used a stethoscope in the last 5 years. Ortho...

Comment

just lost my cardiology 3 that i got 1st year med school in 2004. got a classic 3 off amazon accidentally, it's a little shorter in length and the shape of the bell is different but I can't tell much of a difference in sound.  1/2 the price.

Comment

Using any stethoscope has a great placebo effect on a patient. Many a patient has commented -  " At least you have listened to my heart and lungs. The last physician I saw did not even touch me during the whole visit."

Rarely are you going to diagnose something in a Littman Master Cardiology that you could not with a Classic. The most common thing I hear is crepitations due to heart failure and rhonchi due to asthma. Rarely the murmur of aortic stenosis.

P.S. You can find replacement diaphragms with the outer rings, and replacement ear pieces at Amazon.

Comment

I still listen even tho I am Ob/gyn.  I use a cheap no name purple one that I originally bought for my nurse

Comment

Working...
                              X