Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newest doctor blog entry -- www.RogueDadMD.com

Yes, yet another doctor blogger!

While I will occasionally talk money, it will be a bit more wide ranging.  I have 2 posts up now but my plan is to post once per week for awhile. I have plenty of ideas but translating that into reasonable quality writing isn't yet a quick process for me.

Please comment kindly and share it widely -- and if anyone has an interest in advertising on the site, it's easy to reach me.  

Please forgive any hiccups from being early in the process.  I've put some time into the site design but I am already breaking things as I try to do more with it.

http://www.roguedadmd.com/ [added by PoF to make it easier to find the Rogue]
    An alt-brown look at medicine, money, faith, & family
    www.RogueDadMD.com

WCI - I am happy to be assimilated the best blog in your empire. Just let me know the minimum requirements!

Consider me diversification, bringing in the "academic" side and other perspectives.
    www.RogueDadMD.com

Comment

That should be "next" blog in your empire, not "best." Silly autocorrect.
      www.RogueDadMD.com

Comment

So you've gone rogue, but you want to join the establishment...?

Comment

Looking forward to following your blog, Rogue Dad, M.D.!
          Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

I have no idea what this blog is about. Who is your target audience?

Comment

Welcome. I'd love to see more women doc blogs

Comment

So you’ve gone rogue, but you want to join the establishment…?

I plan to stay quite roguish for awhile, but every counterculture person that gets popular by virtue of popularity becomes somewhat mainstream.  If the blog becomes popular then like any good startup, I have to decide whether to sell out.  I'm hoping just to have the opportunity to have to worry about that.  
                www.RogueDadMD.com

Comment

I have no idea what this blog is about. Who is your target audience?

Great question.  The goal is to draw in readers who may be drawn to different topics.  I understand that's a balancing act in terms of keeping people interested, however that's the approach I chose to take because the first objective is to make sure I am enjoying the writing and want to keep doing it.  My hope is that as the writing becomes better and the library of posts larger it becomes more clear to the first-time reader what is going on with the blog.

I think as I write more (if you find the writing of decent enough quality to continue to read) you'll be able to pick up on common themes.  The tagline mentions the 4 main topics, which over time will be interwoven through various posts.  With only two articles posted there isn't enough content to easily see what I  am envisioning, however I hope it becomes more clear over time.

What it will not be is a laser focused blog that only hammers on one point.  Medicine and money will be the inspiration for many posts, however I will routinely be using one topic to connect directly to another seemingly unrelated topic (because that's how I generally think).  It's also hopefully going to be part informative, so that as I relate things that may not be purely about money, someone who happens onto the blog because of those posts will also become interested in the other topics because they enjoy the writing/site.

www.RogueDadMD.com

Comment

Looking forward to following your blog, Rogue Dad, M.D.!

Thank you, Joanna.

I am open to feedback from all on how to improve things.  The site itself I'd like to leave alone for awhile unless something breaks just to focus on getting some more content and readership, however if anyone has suggestions on the site or the writing or anything else please feel free to email me @ [email protected]
                    www.RogueDadMD.com

Comment

Welcome. I’d love to see more women doc blogs

Unfortunately I am not going to be of much help there.  My wife isn't a physician (but she is in healthcare);  if she doesn't find my writing and the entire enterprise somewhat embarrassing then she is welcome to write guest posts at some point.  I am also happy to collaborate with others for guest posts.  I'm not a woman, but I am a minority x 2 (religious/racial), and am hoping somewhat that having a different background brings a different voice that people find interesting.  While there are plenty of doctors from a similar background, not very many are writing blogs.

I do know many women physicians who probably would be great writers/bloggers.  I am not sure how often this comes up as an idea as a side hobby for them (or any doctor), given that we're talking about a group of very busy and relatively high income people.  Given the societal normals we have, the demands on women physicians are often higher than for men, so maintaining a completely personal blog as a side hobby is probably a challenge.  I know some who write blog posts through their hospital/clinic etc, but then they have someone else doing some of the work.
                      www.RogueDadMD.com

Comment

Welcome to the club, RDMD!

I'll be reading -- I'm among your first Twitter followers.

Cheers!

-PoF

p.s. edited after seeing latest notification.

Comment

I’ll be reading — I’m among your first Twitter followers.

Cheers!

-PoF

You know, now that you're a moderator, you could delete your double triple posts.

Comment

Welcome to the physician blogger club, Rogue Dad, M.D.!

You'll find that blogging is a lot of work but also very rewarding (but probably not financially at the beginning).

I've subscribed to your blog on my Feedly and followed you on Twitter. I look forward to reading more of your writing.

-WSP

Comment

I’ll be reading — I’m among your first Twitter followers.

Cheers!

-PoF

Click to expand…

You know, now that you’re a moderator, you could delete your double triple posts.

I can also ban smart-alecks.

-PoF

Comment

Working...
                              X