Yes, I Know Some Posts Are Disappearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, I Know Some Posts Are Disappearing

It seems a number of forum users are losing their posts. I totally sympathize with you as I know how annoying it is to put a lot of thought and time into a post just to have it disappear. To make matters worse, sometimes you can't even post it again because the software thinks you already said it. It seems to be an intermittent issue, which is probably why it slipped through the extensive pre-launch testing we did.

The forum programmers are aware of the issue and will be addressing it Monday or Tuesday. In the meantime, there's nothing I can do about it so please stop sending me emails/PMs etc on that particular issue.

There are a few people having trouble initially signing up for the forum as well. That problem is also receiving priority treatment. Hopefully these issues will be resolved within a few more days.

Sorry for the hassle.
    Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Okay, the mystery of the disappearing posts has been solved. About one out of every four is being held for review in a different place on the site than the potential spam comments on the blog. It appears to be due to the blog's spam filters. I've now manually approved 179 replies held over the weekend. I will continue to manually approve those as we work on an automated solution.

If you lost a comment over the weekend, it's likely there now.

That major issue slipped through our pre-launch testing because none of the testers looks like a spammer to the filter.
    Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

Bump. I guess this means we should simply sit back and cross our fingers when a post disappears rather than resubmitting or we'll show duplicate answers to the same question. As I've learned the hard way.
      Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Do you need help approving messages manually from the Moderators?

Glad to hear that the reason has been found!

Comment

Thanks for fixing this. I was super frustrated by it but I knew you were probably inundated with messages so I decided not to be one of them. But I did try to figure it out by attempting multiple times with small variations. But now I look like a spammer lol.

Can they add the ability to delete posts to the person who posted it so I can clean up my messes?

Comment

Thanks for fixing this. I was super frustrated by it but I knew you were probably inundated with messages so I decided not to be one of them. But I did try to figure it out by attempting multiple times with small variations. But now I look like a spammer lol.

Can they add the ability to delete posts to the person who posted it so I can clean up my messes?

I think it's already there, isn't it? Click "edit" on your post and scroll down and I think there is a delete option. I could be mistaken though. I'd have to log in as a regular participant to see.

Comment

Click to expand…

I think it’s already there, isn’t it? Click “edit” on your post and scroll down and I think there is a delete option. I could be mistaken though. I’d have to log in as a regular participant to see.

No delete function as a regular user.  Just edit.

Comment

Found your two lost posts and deleted them!

Comment

Still having difficulty posting.  I think it will not accept posts with quotes in them.  I tried a bunch of times, and then posted without a quote and it went though.

The way I did it, is I posted a short response, then went back and edited that response.  I hope that helps a little.

Comment

Found your post this morning when I got up. 9 were in that "pending" folder. The temporary solution is me approving them once or twice a day but hopefully the permanent solution is not too far away because that disrupts the conversation.

Comment

A lot fewer posts are being held now. Hopefully we've got this problem licked. I've only seen one held in the last 12 hours. I'll continue to check for them. Now, on to the other big problem- people having trouble signing up for the forum in the first place!

Comment

Working...
                      X