website domain for practice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• website domain for practice

anyone tried or using the .doctor domain for their practice? much more expensive than the .com, .org etc.

also, what makes more sense for a domain (xxxx are first and last name)

drxxxxxxxx.com

or

xxxxxxxxmd.com

.com for sure

and buy both domains, one can point to the main one.

I tell my residents to buy their names during residency so someone else doesn't.

Comment

.com for sure. Use your name (especially if it's easy to spell). Use godaddy or something similar. Relatively inexpensive and user friendly.

Comment

anyone tried or using the .doctor domain for their practice? much more expensive than the .com, .org etc.

also, what makes more sense for a domain (xxxx are first and last name)

drxxxxxxxx.com

or

xxxxxxxxmd.com

Agree with all the other advice

- I would definitely recommend .com as .doctor isn't as common. Furthermore, I have found patients (especially non-tech savvy ones) are much more reluctant to visit websites that don't end with .com

- If in doubt, snap both names up. If you use a host like godaddy (I prefer Google domains), it shouldn't be expensive and you can route one name to lead to the other name.

- I have a very common name. I snapped my domain name up in high school. I've had offers to unlock and transfer my domain name, not high enough yet to tempt me however

Comment

Working...
        X