No announcement yet.

Suggestions for Forum Improvement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m sure there’s a good reason not to do this which I’m just not thinking of right now but what about adding specialty and status (attending, resident) to the stuff under the avatar and forum status?

obviously optional.

i think i know what most of the regulars do but i forget and the only way to see it is to go back into other threads. obviously since it would be optional some who mention it in threads might not want it tagged to every post. i’m reading through that post on practice change once FI and some of the interesting posts i can’t remember what people do.

anyone else have thoughts on this? again i wonder if there’s some compelling reason not to do this that i’m just failing to see.

We would develop cliques, and then responses would be jaded as internists would assume things from orthos, etc...would get crazy. Idk really, some may not like to say but I feel we all talk about it at some point.

Comment

• You could start a trend, put it in your signature, see if it catches on

Comment

• I’m sure there’s a good reason not to do this which I’m just not thinking of right now but what about adding specialty and status (attending, resident) to the stuff under the avatar and forum status?

obviously optional.

i think i know what most of the regulars do but i forget and the only way to see it is to go back into other threads. obviously since it would be optional some who mention it in threads might not want it tagged to every post. i’m reading through that post on practice change once FI and some of the interesting posts i can’t remember what people do.

anyone else have thoughts on this? again i wonder if there’s some compelling reason not to do this that i’m just failing to see.
        Click to expand…

We would develop cliques, and then responses would be jaded as internists would assume things from orthos, etc…would get crazy. Idk really, some may not like to say but I feel we all talk about it at some point.

I kind of doubt that.

You're a perfect example, I think I know what you do but I'm not totally sure. And aren't you like the #1 most frequent poster?

Comment

obviously optional.

Click to expand…

We would develop cliques, and then responses would be jaded as internists would assume things from orthos, etc…would get crazy. Idk really, some may not like to say but I feel we all talk about it at some point.
          Click to expand…

I kind of doubt that.

You’re a perfect example, I think I know what you do but I’m not totally sure. And aren’t you like the #1 most frequent poster? ?

Haha. I hope not Im trying to cut down, but I do have a lot of free time as Im transitioning practices.

Comment

• anyone else have thoughts on this? again i wonder if there’s some compelling reason not to do this that i’m just failing to see.

I think some people do it to maintain their anonymity. I think I have given enough details out here that if I mention my specialty people can google me easily. But I don't mind mentioning in via PM if people ask me or if I meet the forum members IRL in a meet.

Comment

• And aren’t you like the #1 most frequent poster?

Ummm...no?
              Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory and ignorant advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

obviously optional.

This could be done if forum members really want it.
                Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

obviously optional.

Click to expand…

This could be done if forum members really want it.

yeah, thanks, it sounds like there isn't a groundswell of support!!

Comment

• It would be nice to be able to quote another post off the mobile site. And also edit off the mobile site (but I think that has already been mentioned).

Comment

•  

It would be nice to be able to quote another post off the mobile site. And also edit off the mobile site (but I think that has already been mentioned).

you can, I use Chrome on iOS and the Request Desktop Site function.

Its not as slick as desktop but it works, I’m doing it right now.

Comment

• A back to forum home button at the bottom of the page would be nice.

Comment

• I"m sure this has been covered somewhere else, but I couldn't find it when I did a search.  Is there a way for an individual member to change the fonts or "theme" of a page?  On some of the index pages, it's hard to read the text because the contrast isn't as stark as on the actual posts.  The light gray/blue against white is harder for me to read, although I'm sure it works for others.  On another site, there is a way for individuals to change the colors and contrasts for text and background - is there any way to do that here?

And thank you in general for the wonderful site - well organized, friendly and helpful!

Comment

• A humble request from Fatlittlepig, can the forum private messaging system be revamped? I can’t imagine it would be hard to do. The current system leaves much to be desired and does not work reliably on mobile.

Comment

• A humble request from Fatlittlepig, can the forum private messaging system be revamped? I can’t imagine it would be hard to do. The current system leaves much to be desired and does not work reliably on mobile.

Agree - it's the worst part of this forum. Archaic, unreliable, and unstable.
                              Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory and ignorant advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

• Have you considered vBulletin or Xenforo (what SDN uses)?

Half the time when I click to read new messages, it skips several messages that I haven't read and takes me to the last message in the thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X