Paying to not see forum ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paying to not see forum ads

I'm not terribly serious about this, but I guess if a lot of you are I could be. Here's the question: What is the most you would pay to be able to not see ads when you are logged into the forum?
    $1000 per year
    0%
    $100 per year
    3.57%
    $10 per year
    42.86%
    Nothing
    53.57%
    Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Would you pay me to have more ads?

Comment

I pay $25-50 per year to go ad-free and to support other sites. My number would be in that range.

Comment

$20/year is a good number for me.

Comment

My question is, given the number of yearly users, what would WCI need to generate per user to match the yearly ad revenue. I'm not looking for an answer, that's private to him, but at a minimum I wouldn't ask WCI to take a revenue hit.
          $1 saved = >$1 earned. ✓

Comment

I would imagine the revenue generated by the “regulars” from the forum based on ads is very low (unless you are paid per view). If the payment model is based on users clicking on ads or signing up for something through ads, I suspect regular users simply tune them out over time. If they didn’t click the link the first 100 times they saw it, they are unlikely to click on it the 101st time. A new user, searching for information, is much more likely to click an ad the first few times they see it.

Comment

• The White Coat Investor
              The White Coat Investor commented
              Editing a comment
              Exactly. Yes, there's not much revenue from a few regulars. But there also is not much revenue from a few regulars anyway.

Would a non-paying user then have limited content?

Comment

• The White Coat Investor
              The White Coat Investor commented
              Editing a comment
              Different system/proposal. No plans to do a private site, no.

I voted $10/year, but would be fine going up to $50 or so. But the ads don't really bother me here (unlike many other sites). Maybe that's due to my hospital's IT team filtering the worst of them out, but the ones I see don't make sounds, dance or move around on the page, or generate popups, and they are in general reasonably relevant to the mission of this site.

Comment

The money means nothing to me since I have way more than I need, but I would not pay anything to avoid ads on the forum. I simply ignore them and do not find them intrusive at all.

Comment

Working...
              X