Paid Subscriptions to Ditch the Advertisements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post

Can we make our accounts valuable and then sell them to other people? Don't some games do/allow that?
    Would your bars be included in such a sale? What about a non-compete clause? I don't need NordMcCally becoming another full bar member after I paid thousands of dollars to become CordMcNally.
    $1 saved = >$1 earned. ✓

Comment

I remember my college roommate sold a WoW character for something like $600. I was flabbergasted until I learned how many hours he sunk into making that character.

Comment

Originally posted by Lordosis View Post
        I remember my college roommate sold a WoW character for something like $600. I was flabbergasted until I learned how many hours he sunk into making that character.
        Beats working at mcdonalds?

Comment

Originally posted by childay View Post

Beats working at mcdonalds?
          McDonald's now hires at $15 an hour. From what I remember this character building did not pay even close to $1 for 15 hours. Not to mention all the fun stuff he missed out on because he was "leading a raid".
          he was a pretty awesome roommate for the fact that he never came out of his room.

Comment

I can't ever hear WoW without thinking about Leeroy Jenkins.

Comment

Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post

I can't ever hear WoW without thinking about Leeroy Jenkins.
              alright chums up, lets do this!

Comment

I personally am not bothered by the ads, as you can pretty easily comb the forum without them getting in your way. They're not like those stupid video ones on certain sites that force you to watch them first.

Comment

mianesmd Sites that autoplay videos (like CNN) drive me crazy. I was up at 3 am and pulled up an article on CNN. Didn't realize my wife had the volume up on the computer. Needless to say it startled me and my dog. Luckily it didn't wake my wife and daughter up.

For those that aren't bothered by the ads, this isn't a mandatory subscription. Just an option for those of us who have ADD and can't focus on the message.

Comment

EQ was even better for this. Sold my raid equipped lvl 65 monk for $1200 and a 65 cleric for another $1000. Had a nice little side hustle going while in the military from selling virtual items.

I don't mind the ads myself but wouldn't be against some kind of premium service to get rid of them.
                    I should have been a pair of ragged claws. Scuttling across the floors of silent seas.

Comment

Working...
                    X