Paid Subscriptions to Ditch the Advertisements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paid Subscriptions to Ditch the Advertisements

The White Coat Investor , have you considered allowing paid memberships/subscriptions to get rid of all the forum ads?

Does "set for life" insurance invade your dreams as well?

Comment

I hardly notice them, in the same way that I do not notice granulomas on chest X-rays and vascular calcifications on mammogram.

Comment

I do think it’s weird the ad placement directly in the thread.

Comment

I'm so used to seeing ads all over the web, the ads here don't bother me. Is this a problem to others?
          $1 saved = >$1 earned. ✓

Comment

The ads don’t bother me. The forum discussions however feel stale.

Comment

southerndoc
              Silly me. I thought you were suggesting we get paid for clicking on the ads. I just scroll past but any deal better than free would deserve a look.

Comment

At least there are no videos or moving ads

Comment

Originally posted by southerndoc View Post
                  The White Coat Investor , have you considered allowing paid memberships/subscriptions to get rid of all the forum ads?
                  I was going to search for the link with the doc who split a macaroon 5 ways or any number of ones where I recommended a wool cap instead of turning up the heat...but instead I just chuckled.

Comment

I agree, at first they stuck out like a sore thumb, but now I don’t even notice them anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by southerndoc View Post
                      Yes. This forum software allows that feature. But when I poll you guys there is VERY little interest in paying any sort of fee to read the site or use the forum.

In fact, there are lots of ways I can turn ads off. I can turn them off when someone hits a certain number of posts or just show them to guests and not registered users. But the fewer people I show them to, the less valuable they are to my advertisers and forum ads don't seem to be worth much as it is.

At any rate, how much would you be willing to pay to have ads removed?
                      Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

Have an auction with only 100 ad free memberships available.

Or auction some to raise scholarship funds.

Be sure to flare the buyers so we can make fun of them or envy them. /s

Comment

I personally skip right past the ads. Like others, this post is the only thing really bringing them to my attention.

Jim should go all out, and sell avatars and accessories. It worked on all the Fortnite kids

Comment

Originally posted by SerrateAndDominate View Post
                            I personally skip right past the ads. Like others, this post is the only thing really bringing them to my attention.

Jim should go all out, and sell avatars and accessories. It worked on all the Fortnite kids
                            Can we make our accounts valuable and then sell them to other people? Don't some games do/allow that?

Comment

Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post

Can we make our accounts valuable and then sell them to other people? Don't some games do/allow that?
                              Probably.

FLP can start streaming/twitching/whatever it's called when he clicks and clacks on his keyboard.

There are countless opportunities here, people

Comment

Working...
                              X