Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email notifications of PMs come hours after the PM

Issue already listed.
    Last edited by The White Coat Investor; 01-16-2020, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jfoxcpacfp View Post
      I keep getting logged out of the forum, even though I don't shut the tab. Is it just me? I like my pw but it's sure a hassle to type 20 times a day!

Issue not addressed. Can you give more information on when you're logged out? What you do in between logging in and logging out? I think I've noticed this some myself.
      bumping this up. any tips on optimizing mobile access? pretty much every time i use my iphone brower (safari) it asks me to login again. if there is an easy way to facilitate mobile access while keeping the user logged in it might increase usage (you know those millennials and their phones... and no i'm not asking for WCI to develop his own iOS forum app )

Issue already listed. It appears to be a Safari issue. Use Chrome instead.
      Last edited by The White Coat Investor; 01-16-2020, 08:28 AM.

Comment

• SerrateAndDominate
        SerrateAndDominate commented
        Editing a comment
        Ever since the last forum malfunction, I’ve been using Chrome. No issues with the new forum on Chrome

• This isn't a bug, but does the header image have to be so (vertically) huge? In the vein of 'death by clicking' from EMRs, I'd appreciate less 'death by scrolling' on the forum. <3

It's less than half an inch on my phone and two inches on my desktop. I want people who arrive here to know where they are! We'll be redoing that banner eventually, but it's probably going to stay that size.
      Last edited by The White Coat Investor; 01-16-2020, 09:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hank View Post

That little blue button to the left of the thread title will take you to the last read post. It's a little hard to click the correct button with your thumb on a phone, but the feature is there.
        Wish it had retained the feature found in the previous version of the forum where clicking on the thread title would have automatically take you the the last unread post.

Issue resolved
        Last edited by The White Coat Investor; 01-16-2020, 09:06 AM.

Comment

• Do I have to go to the top left hand corner to click on the small drop down button to then click on most recent posts. ( this is on Firefox and Chrome on a desktop).

Could that not be a feature modified in settings or a button be placed on the top above the various categories named recent posts,.

Issue on list.
          Last edited by The White Coat Investor; 01-16-2020, 09:07 AM.

Comment

• My replies aren't posting fully if I have an emoji in the response. It will cut off and post wherever the first emoji is. Do I have to stop using emoji?!?!?!?

Can't reproduce. I'll consider it resolved for now. Let me know if still having issues. The emojis the forum allows seem to work fine.
            Last edited by The White Coat Investor; 01-16-2020, 09:10 AM.

Comment

• Lordosis
              Lordosis commented
              Editing a comment
              I have noticed this as well but only with the emojis that come from my phone. My old school guys still work :P

• Originally posted by Kamban View Post
            Do I have to go to the top left hand corner to click on the small drop down button to then click on most recent posts. ( this is on Firefox and Chrome on a desktop).

Could that not be a feature modified in settings or a button be placed on the top above the various categories named recent posts,.
            I bookmarked the recents posts url. I just use that, on my computer & phone.

Issue on list for mobile but this works fine on desktop for me as is. You want a button at the top because the link at the top is too much or what? Do you just want the link in a different location or something? Repost if there is still an issue.
            Last edited by The White Coat Investor; 01-16-2020, 09:11 AM.
            $1 saved = >$1 earned. ✓

Comment

• Is there any way to have a drop down button for the Notifications tab on the top right like there is for the Messages tab? So you don't have to go to another page to see them all.

Issue resolved. Can't reproduce. They are two separate links for me on desktop and mobile.
              Last edited by The White Coat Investor; 01-16-2020, 09:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kamban View Post
                Do I have to go to the top left hand corner to click on the small drop down button to then click on most recent posts. ( this is on Firefox and Chrome on a desktop).

Interesting. I use Chrome on desktop and "Most Recent" is always showing as 1st option on the med-blue horizontal menu bar. Drop-down is what i need on iPad.

Issue resolved/on list
                Last edited by The White Coat Investor; 01-16-2020, 09:13 AM.
                Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory and ignorant advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

• Not a bug but a suggestion:
                  Cross reference new Blog articles and the Forum.
                  When you post a new blog entry, post a new forum announcement with the title that links to the blog.
                  Potentially include a link to the blog post in the Forum.

Conceptually it potentially provides a feeder to the blog from the forum and to the forum from the blog. Basically it is a cross link between
                  posts in the two parts of the WCI website.

Issue resolved. Good idea.
                  Last edited by The White Coat Investor; 01-16-2020, 09:14 AM.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	0FE45646-4B3C-4EE8-87E5-338599A201F0.png Views:	113 Size:	575.3 KB ID:	169889Click image for larger version  Name:	6C22B0DE-9A4D-4B34-926E-2DFEDBCB9E08.png Views:	101 Size:	405.5 KB ID:	169890

When using my mini iPad, in the “notification” section the “filter” drop down menu is blocked by the instructional statement in Portrait mode. It is only accessible in Landscape mode.

Not sure that one is worth the hassle to fix. Turn your pad 90 degree on the rare occasions you need into that menu.
                    Last edited by The White Coat Investor; 01-16-2020, 09:15 AM.

Comment

• Consider modifying your user sign up agreement.
                      Many posting for advertising purposes will be charged a reasonable advertising fee and any collection costs. Something like $5k or $50k.
                      They clicked yes! Your IP attorney can figure it out.

https://www.whitecoatinvestor.com/fo...adel-mortgages

Uhhhh.....not going there. Issue resolved.
                      Last edited by The White Coat Investor; 01-16-2020, 09:16 AM.

Comment

• There seems to be an increase in first time posters posting links of unclear utility which seems like spam. I took a break from this place and now reviewing recent threads it seems like numerous old threads are being resurrected with one liner posts “hey guys do you want to learn more about (coffee, wallets, other country COL, etc). Just click here!!! It’s making me think another extended break is in order.

Issue resolved.
                        Last edited by The White Coat Investor; 01-16-2020, 09:16 AM.

Comment

• The White Coat Investor
                          The White Coat Investor commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I guess the honeymoon is over; the spammers have found us. I put anti-spam measure # 1 in place today- your first 10 posts on the new forum must now be approved by a moderator. It'll increase the moderator workload, but should solve the issue. If not....there's more we can do.

• https://www.whitecoatinvestor.com/fo...in-your-wallet

Ditto

Issue resolved.
                        Last edited by The White Coat Investor; 01-16-2020, 09:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anne View Post
                          There seems to be an increase in first time posters posting links of unclear utility which seems like spam. I took a break from this place and now reviewing recent threads it seems like numerous old threads are being resurrected with one liner posts “hey guys do you want to learn more about (coffee, wallets, other country COL, etc). Just click here!!! It’s making me think another extended break is in order.
                          Believe me, we've noticed! I think it might have something to do with the increased visibility, WCI posting announcements on the blog, etc.

Issue resolved.
                          Last edited by The White Coat Investor; 01-16-2020, 09:17 AM.
                          Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory and ignorant advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Working...
                          X