Post Bugs You Find With the Forum In This Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Bugs You Find With the Forum In This Post

Something not working right on the forum? Post it here so we can get it fixed. Include screenshots when possible.

Current Punchlist of Known Forum Bugs:
    1. People get logged out too quickly
    2. Password reset and notification emails take hours to go out
    3. Link in email notifications doesn't go directly to the post the notification is about
    4. Notifications link in notifications center doesn't go to the post in the thread that triggered the notification
    5. When updating the account tab under use settings, it requires you to put in your email address (twice) but puts your name in the first line.
    6. Most recent link on mobile is only on the home page. Put it on all pages.
    7. Like counter doesn't update right on the most recent page and the header page of each subforum
    8. Main page (https://www.whitecoatinvestor.com/forum/) doesn't update the latest thread in each subforum properly
    9. When using Safari on mobile without being logged in, there is an annoying login popup on every page on the forum that doesn't even work.
    10. Add search under the members' tab.
    11. Go to new post button not working intermittently (often more than half the time) for some posters
    Last edited by The White Coat Investor; 01-16-2020, 09:55 AM.
    Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

I can post?!?!?!? This is like an early Christmas gift - did not have the ability this morning! Something else to give thanks for on Thanksgiving!

Jim, can we start a thread for people to check in that they’re “back”? I would do so but I cannot find out yet where to initiate a post. Maybe I’m too stuck in old forum mode but I’m afraid others will have the same issue. Perhaps a FAQ thread for users to transition would be helpful.

HELLO, WORLD, glad to come back from inertia!!! Isn’t there a word to describe ppl who have been frozen and exist between living and dead? It’s how I’ve felt this last few weeks

Issue resolved. - You have to go into a section (such as general or student loans) before the new post button shows up.
    Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory and ignorant advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

I can finally post. I had to slightly change my screen name to Hatton from Hatton1. I lost credit for all those posts as Hatton1. Anyway to fix this. I also was demoted to junior member.

Issue resolved- Everyone is now either a new member (first 10 posts), a member, a moderator, or an administrator.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatton View Post
        I also was demoted to junior member.
        everyone's post count is reset

Issue resolved

Comment

I'm not able to find old threads with the search function. When I use google it also just pulls up the old dead forum.

Issue resolved. Forum search now working. Google will eventually index the new forum and which point we will turn the old forum off.

Comment

In viewing "Who is Online", the date of last activity seems to be incorrect. It is 9am 11/15, it show like today 2pm.

Issue resolved- You can change your default time zone in your settings under the "account" tab.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
              In viewing "Who is Online", the date of last activity seems to be incorrect. It is 9am 11/15, it show like today 2pm.
              in user settings you need to set your default time zone

Issue resolved. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by jacoavlu View Post

in user settings you need to set your default time zone
                That worked. Thanks. I would have thought the default would be MST. That would have made more sense than Western Europe. No biggie for sure.

Issue resolved

Comment

How can I get my original username back? It wouldn't let me log in with CordMcNally and then it would never send me a link to reset my password. I feel like part of me has died.

Issue mostly resolved- You should be able to get your old account back by resetting your password. That email to reset it may take an hour or more. Sorry, trying to fix that. If that still doesn't work, please let me know.

Comment

I tried the search function on a subject that I know has had multiple prior threads but got no results back. Will the original forum content be accessible in the future?

Issue resolved- Search now working. yes, original content has been migrated to the new forum and should be searchable on the new forum.

Comment

Originally posted by CordMcNally1 View Post
                      How can I get my original username back? It wouldn't let me log in with CordMcNally and then it would never send me a link to reset my password. I feel like part of me has died.
                      Back. Thank goodness. This CordMcNally1 guy seems like a real a-hole. Thanks!

Issue resolved- he's no worse than the old one.

Comment

What's your Match?

05-10-2019, 12:07 PM
                        • The advanced search feature enabled me to find a specific comment by spiritride in this post (I had a copy of the reply that showed the date.
                        • I did fine the advanced search added a lot of features that helped.
                        • When using the "text" search even with the exact lines copied, I was unsuccessful as well.
                        • I had to search for spiritrider with dates of 5/11/19 to 5/11/19. Someone alot brighter than me might be able to figure out how to get the text search to work.I sure would not have specifics for virtually everything. It may simply be a learning process, but a cheatsheet would be helpful for "true idiots" like me. RTFM, sacastically, I didn't read the manual!
                        Issue resolved. Search now working.

Comment

Just tried to reset my time zone and got the message that "email addresses must match". I didn't enter my email addresses, so can't save any changes.

On a very positive note, a feature that has been requested many times is now available - you can put members on your Ignore List!

Issue resolved- yes, there is an ignore feature. Yes, in order to change anything on that page, you must put your email in (twice). That's a feature, not a bug and won't be changing.
                          Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory and ignorant advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

And another nice feature - now have the ability to "unlike" a post

Issue resolved, yes if you have liked a post accidentally, you can now unlike it. Incidentally, the more likes you get, the more "bars" that will be lit up below your name. A bit of a "reputation" meter that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Ragman View Post
                              And another nice feature - now have the ability to "unlike" a post
                              But it doesn't show who has "liked" a post like it did before.

Issue resolved- It was just a setting I had to turn on. Note you have to click on the # of likes to see who liked it. Sorry, that's the way the software works, not gonna be like the old forum that way.
                              Last edited by The White Coat Investor; 11-16-2019, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X