Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jfoxcpacfp
    replied
    Welcome to the forum, Steven - glad you joined the party!

Leave a comment:

• sready80
    replied
    Hello. I'm Steven and I'm a general dentist in rural America. I opened my own solo dental practice in Nov 2021. I have read the WCI book about 5 years ago in dental school and am now taking the FYFA course.

Leave a comment:

• jfoxcpacfp
    replied
    Originally posted by leonardsean View Post
    No, not selling anything. I may post things that I have read or education avenues I have subscribed to, but aside from being a user or subscriber, I have no financial affiliations with any of these...

--Sean
    Great, what i thought, but can’t be too careful. I look at the readers here as my family and tend to be (overly?) protective. Anyway, then I would heartily encourage you to start a new thread in the above-mentioned section, might start a very fruitful discussion.

Leave a comment:

• leonardsean
    replied
    No, not selling anything. I may post things that I have read or education avenues I have subscribed to, but aside from being a user or subscriber, I have no financial affiliations with any of these...

--Sean

Leave a comment:

• jfoxcpacfp
    replied
    Originally posted by leonardsean View Post
    Hi all,

I just joined. I am a physician, double boarded in both Osteopathic and Allopathic Family Medicine as well as Addiction Medicine. I survived my first (bad) contract out of residency (3 years) and have been doing a lot of research recently into the stock market and investing.

I have been involved in renting real estate for the last 10+ years. I moved out of the house I grew up in (after my parents passed) to pursue my medical education and rented the house while we (my wife and I) were living in various places for a post-bac pre-medical masters degree, medical degree and then residency.

During this time, I began a process called house-hacking (buying a multi-family property - in my case duplexes - living in one of the units and renting the other, and fixing them up while living there). I have been fairly successful in this. Medicine was a second career for me. I previously worked as a cad-operator, and my Dad was a mechanical engineer and did his own home improvements in addition to being a woodworking hobbyist. So I have some home-improvement skills beyond the basics...

Over the last year, with the downturn in the economy and stock market, I have done quite a bit of "reading" (listening to audiobooks while driving or working around the house) on investing in the stock market and real estate. I kind of came here for a place to potentially discuss these findings with colleagues and to get some feedback.

--Sean
    Welcome to the forum! Recommend you start a new thread in the Real Estate Investing section to see if you can generate some interest with others who have tips to share and/or want to learn. With sincere respect, I am presuming you do not have a program you are trying to sell. That would be okay, but would need appropriate disclosures per forum rules.

Leave a comment:

• leonardsean
    replied
    Hi all,

I just joined. I am a physician, double boarded in both Osteopathic and Allopathic Family Medicine as well as Addiction Medicine. I survived my first (bad) contract out of residency (3 years) and have been doing a lot of research recently into the stock market and investing.

I have been involved in renting real estate for the last 10+ years. I moved out of the house I grew up in (after my parents passed) to pursue my medical education and rented the house while we (my wife and I) were living in various places for a post-bac pre-medical masters degree, medical degree and then residency.

During this time, I began a process called house-hacking (buying a multi-family property - in my case duplexes - living in one of the units and renting the other, and fixing them up while living there). I have been fairly successful in this. Medicine was a second career for me. I previously worked as a cad-operator, and my Dad was a mechanical engineer and did his own home improvements in addition to being a woodworking hobbyist. So I have some home-improvement skills beyond the basics...

Over the last year, with the downturn in the economy and stock market, I have done quite a bit of "reading" (listening to audiobooks while driving or working around the house) on investing in the stock market and real estate. I kind of came here for a place to potentially discuss these findings with colleagues and to get some feedback.

--Sean

Leave a comment:

• MidwestMD
    replied
    Hi. Really enjoy the WCI forum and podcasts. I’m an Internist who has enjoyed 20 years of practice in the same multispecialty group. Lucky to have had no student loans (wife worked during medical school and I had saved while working before embarking on second career in medicine). Have learned a lot and confirmed we are on the right track by others on this forum. I Have benefited from LCOL and surprising good pay for outpatient-only primary care practice here in the Midwest. I encourage others to look into Midwest careers!

Leave a comment:

• jfoxcpacfp
    replied

Hello!, Im Enrique, lurker of the site since 2016  and never posted before. Im an Intensivist.

Welcome, Tartesos! Sounds like you started lurking close to the inception of the forum!

Leave a comment:

• Tartesos
    replied
    Hello!, Im Enrique, lurker of the site since 2016  and never posted before. Im an Intensivist.

Leave a comment:

• jfoxcpacfp
    replied

Hey guys. Been following WCI since nearly the beginning, but have always just been a lurker. The advice I’ve found here has really changed my financial future. Going to the conference inspired me to dip my toes into posting a little bit and getting to know people. Anesthesiologist, originally from Salt Lake, but I’ve been in Nashville for almost 10 years now.

Welcome to the club!

Leave a comment:

• drj37
    replied
    Hey guys. Been following WCI since nearly the beginning, but have always just been a lurker. The advice I've found here has really changed my financial future. Going to the conference inspired me to dip my toes into posting a little bit and getting to know people. Anesthesiologist, originally from Salt Lake, but I've been in Nashville for almost 10 years now.

Leave a comment:

• jfoxcpacfp
    replied

Hi all. I’m a first year resident in the Southeast. Like others, I’ve been lurking for a little while here, always trying to read up as much as I can.

Is there a generalized thread to ask quick questions in, or do I need to start a new thread for that?

Click on Categories to see what is the best fit for your topic or go to Beginners Helping Beginners

Leave a comment:

• adventure
    replied

Hi all. I’m a first year resident in the Southeast. Like others, I’ve been lurking for a little while here, always trying to read up as much as I can.

Is there a generalized thread to ask quick questions in, or do I need to start a new thread for that?

Welcome - just start a new thread - no worries there.

Leave a comment:

• jfoxcpacfp
    replied

Academic primary care doc married to military (non-doc) spouse.  Long time lurker, really appreciate all the great info on the site!

Welcome to the forum and please thank your spouse for his/her service.

Leave a comment:

• mpdoc
    replied
    Academic primary care doc married to military (non-doc) spouse.  Long time lurker, really appreciate all the great info on the site!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X