Signature policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signature policy

We probably need to put in a policy for signatures including total length of the signature and what information can be contained in it. I think the guiding principles should be to keep them relatively short and relatively commercial free but I don't mind something like a link to a website so people can easily get a hold of/hire a financial pro if they so desire etc. Allowing contact information encourages financial pros to participate on the forum and be helpful. The specifics I'm not so particular about.

What are your thoughts? What should be allowed and what shouldn't be?
    Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Agreed and shortened. If my signature is still TMI, I would really appreciate the comments of others.

On a related note, is there a way to make our url "live" or is that a perk only afforded to the owner of the site :-)? I believe this requestrian came up when the forum was new (from POF?) and, at that time, it was not available to us mortals.
    Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

I can't remember why it was like that. Was it spam prevention or a technical issue? Do you have a link to the conversation?
      Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

It's in the Suggestions for Forum Improvement thread (searching through it took me down memory lane, even though it's been < 8mos   )

See post numbers 13554, 13640, 13671, and 13675. I think there are more responses where you explained why it couldn't happen, at least for now, + more but I quit looking.
        Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

I can’t remember why it was like that. Was it spam prevention or a technical issue? Do you have a link to the conversation?

Found it: "The developer reminded me of why the signatures are set up the way they are- i.e. no hyperlinks. It’s because I asked for it and now I remember why. Spammers specifically seek out forums where they can put links in their signatures to improve their SEO, so it’s a big spam magnet. I don’t want the forum to be listed here."

From this thread.

The MMM forum allows links in the signature, and I don't see it getting spammed. It may be that the moderators do a good job identifying it and weeding them out, as happens here. I will say that I tend to contribute more than I would there if I didn't get the links.

On this forum, I tend to link withiin the post only when I've written something pertinent to the discussion, and linking is much quicker than writing it all out. I know that's one of the reasons you started WCI in the first place. To save some time from writing the same lines over and over.

Comment

Working...
          X