Financial Blogs Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Financial Blogs Post

The number of financial blogs written by docs and other high income professionals seems to be increasing at a much more rapid pace in the last year. Maybe it has something to do with the state of the blog posts I do. At any rate, I don't have a blogroll anymore, but I'd like to do a post featuring all of them, but don't want to miss any. Please list those you know about and if you own one, send me a paragraph or two (by email) about your blog and what you see it offering to the community (i.e. how you're different from me and the other guys.)

I've got these ones already:

POF

DFD/DWM

FP MD

Miles Dividend MD

Wealthy doc

PI MD

I am One Percent

The financial pharmacist

Am I missing anyone? Maybe I should include Podcasts and blogs from MD focused advisors.
    Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Sounds like a great idea to me! I'll come up with a paragraph or two on Physician on FIRE.

A few more from my blogroll:

Choose Better Life - EM physician

Debt Freedom Journey - Veterinarian

Investing Doc - new attending

Med School Financial - new attending

Senior Resident

Son of a Doctor - MFM physician and lawyer / financial advisor

Smart Money MD

The Happy Philosopher - part time radiologist & Mustachian

Comment

This should work:

Physician on FIRE is a personal finance site geared towards physicians and other high earning individuals that have an interest in financial independence (FI), which affords you many benefits, one of which is the ability to retire early (RE). While some of my posts have an emphasis on FIRE and related issues, much of what I write can be applied to anyone who wants to get ahead financially, and may have no interest in an early retirement. I love to crunch numbers, and I have done so extensively in posts about taxes, investing, and my eleven-part Four Physicians series.

What sets my site apart? I started from the standpoint of financial independence. I don't need additional dollars to live our current lifestyle, and my site has a charitable mission to donate half its revenue. I share quite a few personal stories. While it's true that most bloggers tell personal stories, only I can tell my stories. I frequently feature the work of my fellow bloggers. My Sunday Best series aggregates some of my favorite recent reads that I feel are pertinent to a physician seeking financial independence. I also started a Christopher Guest Post series that gives my colleagues, WCI included, an opportunity to showcase both their blog and personality.

Comment

Yes, the websites are breeding like rabbits!  A couple that I didn't see listed: passiveincomemd.com (anesthesiologist) and futurproofmd.com (radiology resident) but I think there are others starting all the time.  When I started mine (www.wealthydoc.com) -in I think 2007- there seemed to be no good source for financial advice for physicians.  I wanted a place to refer medical students and residents to for information.  One of my residents later told me about WCI.  I send trainees to specific posts at WCI routinely now.  I am FI but still work more than a full job so I am not blogging much these days.  Heck, I barely have time to read all on WCI let alone write that much.  On the other hand I enjoy having a creative outlet and as I cut back my practice I likely will become more active with reading, investing, blogging etc.  I want to build up my content more and maybe write some guest posts, etc.  I do it for the teaching, learning, and fun since I don't have to rely on cash flow from this activity.  It has been a "proof of concept" for me to see this MD financial community grow.  It is validating since I suspected there was a market and interest in this niche.  WCI has done a remarkable job of bringing all this to life.

Comment

Yes, the websites are breeding like rabbits!  A couple that I didn’t see listed: passiveincomemd.com (anesthesiologist) and futurproofmd.com (radiology resident) but I think there are others starting all the time.  When I started mine (http://www.wealthydoc.com) -in I think 2007- there seemed to be no good source for financial advice for physicians.  I wanted a place to refer medical students and residents to for information.  One of my residents later told me about WCI.  I send trainees to specific posts at WCI routinely now.  I am FI but still work more than a full job so I am not blogging much these days.  Heck, I barely have time to read all on WCI let alone write that much.  On the other hand I enjoy having a creative outlet and as I cut back my practice I likely will become more active with reading, investing, blogging etc.  I want to build up my content more and maybe write some guest posts, etc.  I do it for the teaching, learning, and fun since I don’t have to rely on cash flow from this activity.  It has been a “proof of concept” for me to see this MD financial community grow.  It is validating since I suspected there was a market and interest in this niche.  WCI has done a remarkable job of bringing all this to life.

You were ahead of the curve in 2007, for sure! I think Dr. Dahle graduated medical school and I finished internship then. I hope you do get more involved with your blog again eventually. A rising tide floats all boats. I've seen quite a bit of collaboration in the 8 months since I joined the fray.

The two you mentioned were in WCI's list as FP MD and PI MD. Both putting out quality stuff.

Best,

-PoF

Comment

Thanks WCI for the mention, I will go ahead and send you a short profile on FPMD.

Looks like PoF beat me to the list of other physician money bloggers - I've got nothing to add.

It's nice to meet you WealthyDoc.  This is the great thing about having a community - making new friends.  Like PoF said, I hope you will return to share some of your wisdom through WealthyDoc.com.

And can't agree more with you - I definitely was inspired by WCI to start FPMD.  In fact, it started as White Coat Money (WCM) once upon a time.  I had to rebrand when I started receiving messages that were intended for WCI.

Comment

In case you would like to include podcasts, there is http://doctorfreedompodcast.com/ and http://www.docsotb.com/

Comment

And not sure if I'm just super dense - how do I get the URLs to show up correctly?

Comment

And not sure if I’m just super dense – how do I get the URLs to show up correctly?

It appears your link addresses are accurate but if you want the link to be "live" then do the following:

1. Copy the url you want to link to (Ctl+C)

2. Highlight the words that you want to contain the embedded link

3. Hit Ctl+V and you will have a live link

You can also highlight the words you want to contain the embedded link then click on the paper clip in the toolbar and type in the link you want embedded.
                  Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Thank you Johanna.  It appears I was using the wrong browser. Now the paper clip is showing up.

Comment

The post is live!

Thank you for featuring us Other Guys.

-PoF

Comment

Great post, not just saying that cause of the mention haha  

Comment

Working...
                        X