No announcement yet.

job offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I completed my negotiations a couple of months ago and signed my contract. I thought I would post the end results and say thanks to those who provided input. I am very please with the results.

Original Post (8/2016)I have created a new user name to remain anonymous. I would love to hear some input on the initial offer of employment that I received yesterday. This offer is as a clinical gastroenterologist at a small hospital (part of larger system) in the Northeast.

Original offer/final accepted offer:

-400,000 base salary guaranteed for 5 years/ 450,000 guaranteed

-potential for 78,000 bonus based on 1,500 wRVU above 6500 (capped at a total of 8000 wRVU so no more than 78,000 can be made)/ bonus of 52.00 per wRVU kicks in starting at 7000 wRVU with no cap

-25,000 sign on bonus/did not budge on signing bonus but instead I am getting 150,000 student loans paid off over 4 years

-4 weeks vacation /did not budge

-1 week CME/travel with 1,500 to spend/ 3,000 to spend still one week

-40 clinical hours

Again, thanks for those who provided recommendations. I did use Contract Diagnostics and was very happy with them.

"Mike"

Comment

Any restrictive covenant in the contract?

Comment

Any restrictive covenant in the contract?

Yeah. 2 year, 25 mile radius. Except if terminated without cause or physician terminates with cause. As I previously mentioned this is a rural area so 25 miles is not that far. The only other hospital system is 30 miles away (the one I trained at) which would be the only other place I would work at.

Comment

Sounds pretty great. Nice work.

Comment

I have no frame of reference for GI, so with that being said, sounds like a great deal especially if it's in an area you want to love. Congrats.

Comment

If there was a cap on my production (which is totally ridiculous) than I would want to make very clear what “protections” I had..

Time off? Call frequency? Patient load in clinic? What rvus are the current guys hitting? Would be my main questions

Otherwise you might be in a situation where your hurting 10-11k RVU without wanting to

I would definately want to remove any cap on wrvu bonus, or at least protect yourself that you have enough control not to be doing a tremendous amount of uncompensated work.

$400k for GI is decent, but it's not "blow me away" money either.  If this is a hospital that has trouble recruiting because of location, you hold the leverage and can certainly ask for more.

If you have this offer and an academic offer for $275k, get more offers.  You aren't put off by small town living, so go do some geographic arbitrage.  Worse case, you can come back to the original offer.

Comment

Working...
              X