Lucrative Business Seeking Investors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucrative Business Seeking Investors

I am the owner of a Ski resort in upper peninsula Michigan. I am seeking an investor or investor group of about $250,000. My business is worth 1.8 million. I am only 600k in debt so very lucrative. Open to many different investment options. I have all the necessary investment information to share with the right person.

I am the owner of a Ski resort in upper peninsula Michigan. I am seeking an investor or investor group of about $250,000. My business is worth 1.8 million. I am only 600k in debt so very lucrative. Open to many different investment options. Please contact me privately for more information 906-282-9455.

Well this is interesting. A ski resort that is only worth $1.8M. Doesn't sound particularly lucrative to me, especially when you have to troll an internet forum for just $250K in capital. I mean, a chairlift (7000 foot quad) reportedly costs $3 Million, not including construction costs. I see ten resorts in the UP, each of which has 2-11 lifts. If one of those is available for just $1.8M, maybe I'll just buy the whole thing. I mean, lots of docs in California are living in homes that cost more than that!
    Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

Who has valued the business at said price? Why are you raising money and what is its intent? This is a significant portion of the company, what will the rights of the investor/group be, will they be given a board position, etc?

Other things...whats your WACC, ROIC, ROE, etc....debt maturities and rates, revenue trends, attendance trends, ASPs, etc...etc...

Comment

I am the owner of a Ski resort in upper peninsula Michigan. I am seeking an investor or investor group of about $250,000. My business is worth 1.8 million. I am only 600k in debt so very lucrative. Open to many different investment options. Please contact me privately for more information 906-282-9455.
        Click to expand…

Well this is interesting. A ski resort that is only worth $1.8M. Doesn’t sound particularly lucrative to me, especially when you have to troll an internet forum for just $250K in capital. I mean, a chairlift (7000 foot quad) reportedly costs $3 Million, not including construction costs. I see ten resorts in the UP, each of which has 2-11 lifts. If one of those is available for just $1.8M, maybe I’ll just buy the whole thing. I mean, lots of docs in California are living in homes that cost more than that!

In fairness, one of the resorts up there (I also searched them) talked glowingly about their 700 foot drop, so not much lifting needed, but cant see that as being anything more than a local haunt. I have once been to a similar place in Ohio, it was great for teaching the kids, but its not really skiing/boarding at all, 30s runs...

Comment

Perhaps spell checking your subject line before asking strangers for a quarter million dollars may increase your odds of success??

Comment

So having 33% debt on business on a snap shot balance sheet (which btw everything else is missing) = lucrative?

Cash flow? earnings? expenses? dividends/retained earnings? debt serviced at? growth ? competition? capitalization structure for investors?

May be legit if you give more info. Seriously can't solicit. Also just FYI SEC has general solicitation rules (you're small fish so prolly ok but just in case)

good luck

Comment

At first I thought this ski resort might be based out of Nigeria but a quick google search of the list number brings this up:

http://journaltimes.com/news/local/former-racine-residents-buy-michigan-ski-resort/article_b07d2ce4-19d7-57e5-9621-3e7561096b7f.html

http://journaltimes.com/news/local/former-racine-residents-buy-michigan-ski-resort/article_b07d2ce4-19d7-57e5-9621-3e7561096b7f.html

Comment

Perhaps spell checking your subject line before asking strangers for a quarter million dollars may increase your odds of success??

Hey, "Lurative" is what hooked me to click on the link.  I mean, is it like a really sexy business?  Or is it an awesome bass fishing endeavor?

Very disappointed to find the reality.

Comment

Working...
                X