For those in cash still

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those in cash still

stocks are back to their value from the beginning of the year (10K in VTSAX on 1/19/2018 till today is now 10,009).

did you guys make a move? especially those in cash?

if yes, do you feel vindicated?

if no, why do you stand resolute?

for me: i did my normal thing. i had already bought on my predetermined date, and TLH'ed where i could. i have not hit a re-balance band.

(ill save you the effort crixus: the world is ending no one sees it coming but me mark my words run for the hills but the hills cannot save you now etcetcetc)

No moves.

Comment

No moves.

out of curiosity do you have a large cash position you didnt want to mobilize?

Comment

Why not pick an allocation, rebalance yearly, invest regularly and forget about it otherwise?  This is a sure recipe for success and requires little time and effort.

Comment

Yes. For a down payment.

Comment

Yes. For a down payment.

ah. was thinking more for retirement investing/etc. carry on.

Comment

Why not pick an allocation, rebalance yearly, invest regularly and forget about it otherwise?  This is a sure recipe for success and requires little time and effort.

yes, thats the point. but read around and youll see there are people not doing that.

some are new to the game and dont know to do that, so this question is not meant for them.

Comment

I am all in again, but was nearly so already before the crash. 10% is nothing to sneeze at, and if it's done over such a short time period, that's nice as well.

You've only benefitted from being in cash of you get back in on a low. Of course you could sath its only going to get worse, and it can, but the truth is who knows. I expect it to be choppy for a while, but dont think this is the end. Hou usually get a couple chances to get out before then, and nailingb the top isnt a worthwhile goal.

Comment

basically you're asking, hey market timers, are you moving in?

similarly you could ask if anyone is altering their allocation to more equities because of this little blip

Comment

basically you’re asking, hey market timers, are you moving in?

similarly you could ask if anyone is altering their allocation to more equities because of this little blip

yup. if you are going to market time, you have to pick your two points. just seeing if anyone is brave enough to pick their points.

Comment

I am all in again, but was nearly so already before the crash. 10% is nothing to sneeze at, and if it’s done over such a short time period, that’s nice as well.

You’ve only benefitted from being in cash of you get back in on a low. Of course you could sath its only going to get worse, and it can, but the truth is who knows. I expect it to be choppy for a while, but dont think this is the end. Hou usually get a couple chances to get out before then, and nailingb the top isnt a worthwhile goal.

true. no way to know which direction. it peaked my interest to see from the beg of the year till now being flat, was that enough to push someone in or not.

Comment

stocks are back to their value from the beginning of the year (10K in VTSAX on 1/19/2018 till today is now 10,009).

did you guys make a move? especially those in cash?

if yes, do you feel vindicated?

if no, why do you stand resolute?

for me: i did my normal thing. i had already bought on my predetermined date, and TLH’ed where i could. i have not hit a re-balance band.

(ill save you the effort crixus: the world is ending no one sees it coming but me mark my words run for the hills but the hills cannot save you now etcetcetc)

Do you even realize what kind of garbage is in that fund? All these funds are the same. Check them out. You see the same top ten everywhere. Ask yourselves would really be putting 20% of your money into these overvalued stocks? And go past the top ten and it gets even worse. Stock buyback central. These passive funds are bagholder vehicles for the greatest financial scam. If one had simply sat in Tbills this year you would be up 2% with no market risk. Getting paid while you wait for the markets to revert to the mean and past it. Think of buying stocks with a P/E of 7, a dividend of 7%. It’s going to happen.  And if you sit in the HUI you’ll be able to expand your financial footprint by magnitudes. Imagine the Dow at 5000, gold at 5000, the HUI somewhere between 2500 and maybe even 5000 itself. Things will get crazy. The managed money world has but a fraction of a percent in one of the major asset classes. The pendulum always swings between extremes. That is the path to FIRE. BTW the HI is below 200. Easy ten bagger if gold only goes up 4X. Imagine if it becomes front & center the world’s reserve asset to settle BoP once again once the dollar hegemony is done. Uhhh, 5000 dollar gold won’t be enough. It will take a 5 digit number in today’s dollars to make the gold market big enough just like they did with oil in the 70’s with that phony oil crisis. See John Perkins chapter on the SAMA, The Saudi Arabia Money Laundering Affair. This was the Kissinger paradigm put in place after the gold window was closed in 71. It was no accident US oil wells were capped about that time with the cover story being Peak Oil.

Peds, your post was like waving a piece of raw meat in front of a starving dog and telling him not to eat it. Crixus couldn't resist posting his usual wall of conspiracy text...

Comment

Click Bait for the untested!

For this forum, hopefully the answer would be:   I'm in cash for a reason.  Didn't even notice what the market did this week or this year for that matter.

Comment

no changes

wouldn't even know what market did except for few posts here.

Comment

Peds, your post was like waving a piece of raw meat in front of a starving dog and telling him not to eat it. Crixus couldn’t resist posting his usual wall of conspiracy text…

ikr? i failed  :cry:

Comment

Working...
                              X