X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim
    replied
    Originally posted by GIMD View Post

It's not but you got to start somewhere since I have no idea what the right price would be. My trigger to buy was when the S&P hit bear market territory last Friday. I bought not only TSLA but also other stocks that I like.
    Like shooting fish in a barrel, bottom fishing, just a hobby you enjoy.
    You do not have to start. You can and have a hobby.
    Carry on.

Leave a comment:

• GIMD
    replied
    Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post

I'm not sure the future of the company and the current stock price are completely related.
    It's not but you got to start somewhere since I have no idea what the right price would be. My trigger to buy was when the S&P hit bear market territory last Friday. I bought not only TSLA but also other stocks that I like.

Leave a comment:

• CordMcNally
    replied

It's just a part of my play money so not substantial enough to worry about. I plan to buy the stock as it's coming down since I do believe in the future of the company.
    I'm not sure the future of the company and the current stock price are completely related.

Leave a comment:

• GIMD
    replied
    Originally posted by Panscan View Post

That’s an immensely bold move to do after the last two years of absolute insanity.
    It's just a part of my play money so not substantial enough to worry about. I plan to buy the stock as it's coming down since I do believe in the future of the company.

Leave a comment:

• Panscan
    replied
    It's been 2 years since I last read this thread or touched TSLA stocks. I wonder how's everyone doing? I'm starting to buy small position of TSLA as it's dropping.
    That’s an immensely bold move to do after the last two years of absolute insanity.

Leave a comment:

• fatlittlepig
    replied
    Problem is, it seems that EM is surrounded by yes men and no one is there to serve as a check.

Leave a comment:

• GIMD
    replied
    It's been 2 years since I last read this thread or touched TSLA stocks. I wonder how's everyone doing? I'm starting to buy small position of TSLA as it's dropping.

Leave a comment:

• xraygoggles
    replied
    Originally posted by Nysoz View Post
    Companies and individuals that have made controversial statements still have products that are used by the other side. I don't think this will harm sales since there's still a 3-8+ month wait time for new Teslas depending on options and region. With that said, Elon has said the accusation is false. So it's a he said she said and now he's forming a "hardcore litigation department" to aggressively fight all these negative articles for better or worse.

Yes, it depends on how you define top. Tesla still has 75-80% of the US EV market share and growing total sales 50%+ annually while maintaining exceptional profit and operating margins in a global pan/endemic and supply chain issues.

Recently, I think the market has repriced a lot of these high flying tech stocks that have high P/E ratios, TSLA included. Despite all the headlines around Elon and Twitter, Tesla the company is still chugging along, growing and making a lot of money. They're increasing their production line shifts in Shanghai after the lockdown and also planning an expansion to increase production there another 450k cars annually. The Berlin factory is delivering cars and now the Austin one is giving local customers to opt in for the 4680 structural model Y.

FSD beta continues to make slow progress, impressing in some areas but still a far ways off for robotaxi use.

My main concern is if a true recession/depression occurs and people stop buying cars. If growth or margins show sustained decreases I'll re-evaluate whether or not I want to stay invested. Until then I'm still in and selling my covered calls.
    The company can be growing & strong af, but the stock price can still be overvalued. They are two disparate thoughts.

The stock price of TSLA is kinda analogous to bitcoin (in this one narrow way): there is a lot of narrative & fanboy-ism embedded into the price. If the narrative shifts, whether through Elon's behavior, or through macro/economic conditions, then it could drop much more than you might think.

Leave a comment:

• Zaphod
    replied
    Main concern if things reprice AND tech sector in general gets beaten up, hiring slows there, options are worthless etc...this is the natural tesla buyer and could result in slowing sales, which a potentially nasty, instant repricing could occur.

Leave a comment:

• Panscan
    replied
    Litigation stuff is totally unhinged. He is self imploding in real time and it will hurt the business which is already facing gigantic headwinds with market share set to dwindle. Look out below.

also as Silicon Valley/tech implodes, Tesla will go with it. It’s another example of peak discretionary spending.

Leave a comment:

• Nysoz
    replied
    Companies and individuals that have made controversial statements still have products that are used by the other side. I don't think this will harm sales since there's still a 3-8+ month wait time for new Teslas depending on options and region. With that said, Elon has said the accusation is false. So it's a he said she said and now he's forming a "hardcore litigation department" to aggressively fight all these negative articles for better or worse.

Yes, it depends on how you define top. Tesla still has 75-80% of the US EV market share and growing total sales 50%+ annually while maintaining exceptional profit and operating margins in a global pan/endemic and supply chain issues.

Recently, I think the market has repriced a lot of these high flying tech stocks that have high P/E ratios, TSLA included. Despite all the headlines around Elon and Twitter, Tesla the company is still chugging along, growing and making a lot of money. They're increasing their production line shifts in Shanghai after the lockdown and also planning an expansion to increase production there another 450k cars annually. The Berlin factory is delivering cars and now the Austin one is giving local customers to opt in for the 4680 structural model Y.

FSD beta continues to make slow progress, impressing in some areas but still a far ways off for robotaxi use.

My main concern is if a true recession/depression occurs and people stop buying cars. If growth or margins show sustained decreases I'll re-evaluate whether or not I want to stay invested. Until then I'm still in and selling my covered calls.

Leave a comment:

• burritos
    replied
    Originally posted by xraygoggles View Post
    If Elon's antics turn away Democrats & women, who is left to buy a Tesla? Lol.
    Chinese people.

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied
    Originally posted by Kamban View Post

I suspect you are making a tongue in cheek comment. Tesla is not able to produce enough cars to meet the demand. I don't think the NYT expose will make a dent in its sales. There are so many EVs that come out as Tesla killers - Rivian, Lucid, Plestar, Ioniq, Kia EV, Mach-e, BMW's sorry offering, forgettable ones from Audi and Jaguar and the list goes on and on. I think there is vW somewhere in there.

And yet, Tesla is still on top.
    Depends upon how you define top.
    https://www.wonderslist.com/best-selling-car-models/
    https://evannex.com/blogs/news/compe...ng-evs-in-2022

Leave a comment:

• Kamban
    replied
    Originally posted by xraygoggles View Post
    If Elon's antics turn away Democrats & women, who is left to buy a Tesla? Lol.
    I suspect you are making a tongue in cheek comment. Tesla is not able to produce enough cars to meet the demand. I don't think the NYT expose will make a dent in its sales. There are so many EVs that come out as Tesla killers - Rivian, Lucid, Plestar, Ioniq, Kia EV, Mach-e, BMW's sorry offering, forgettable ones from Audi and Jaguar and the list goes on and on. I think there is vW somewhere in there.

And yet, Tesla is still on top.

Leave a comment:

• Kamban
    replied
    Originally posted by White.Beard.Doc View Post
    The NY Times is about to release their documentary expose on Musk and the fallacy of Tesla autopilot. I wonder about the repercussions of the word getting out that full self driving with an occupant sleeping and waking up at their destination exists only in Musk's dreams.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/16/N...autopilot.html
    I see similarities between the full self driving and new oncology drugs. The new drugs are believed by the public and media to tbe magic bullet to wipe out cancer. It shows tremendous promise in small clinical trials. In real life after approval the efficacy is not what was claimed ( or rather, expected in the minds of the laymen). The drug gets almost rejected but over time we see that the drug is neither the magic bullet nor is it totally worthless. It is in between, just as what oncologists have known all along.

FSD is just like that. But NYT is a fool thinking otherwise. I suspect the rag has an agenda just like Musk has an agenda.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X