Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hightower
    replied
    So with Tesla selling $5 billion of their own shares does that motivate anyone holding Tesla now to cash out too? I mean if Elon is cashing out, that might be a sign...

Leave a comment:

• StarTrekDoc
    replied
    I'm glad to be a consumer supporting all you Tesla stock owners

Was too sacred to drop dollars on Tesla.

The battery tech and the software behind it are the powers for Tesla. The cars is just icing. Like AWS is for Amazon; the software+battery will change the powergrid, and automation and automotive -- in that order.

People have said it before. Tesla is more energy company than car company.

Leave a comment:

• Molar Mechanic
    replied
    One thing that occurred to me (re-occurred, really) that is rarely mentioned is that it shouldn't be the value of Tesla vs a car manufacturer. It is Tesla compared with every manufacturer PLUS the entire value of their dealership network. The money that Bobs Ford of BFE, Nebraska collect off of each F-150 is money the Ford Motors doesn't make. Tesla has foregone the traditional model, and while that has slowed their growth, they get closer and closer to parity each year. At this point the states that are holding our are going to have voters frustrated with their politicians for making them work to buy the car, rather than potential purchasers frustrated with Tesla for not having a traditional dealer network.

Leave a comment:

• xraygoggles
    replied
    Originally posted by Nysoz View Post

It’ll be interesting to see where things go in 10 years. 40-50% growth annually means they’ll get to around 20-25M evs a year. Getting close to $1T in revenue in vehicles alone. Profit margins will be getting better and better as batteries get cheaper and manufacturing optimizes. As “ugly” as cybertruck is, it’ll be dirt cheap to make in comparison.

10 years from now there will be autonomous driving in some fashion. Either geofenced, along certain routes, or widespread. Time will tell who will win this race for a cheap widespread option and how to profit from that.

As fun as the cars are, I’m more interested in the energy side of things. I just don’t get digging up oil/coal/fossil fuels when there’s near infinite renewable energy. Solar, wind, hydroelectric. Plunking down battery farms and home battery systems will stabilize grids and smooth out any demand issues/power outages. Partnering with other energy suppliers for worldwide energy arbitration is where the huge money is at.
    I agree with you about Tesla being more than a car company. The battery/tech/infrastructure/robotaxi PLUS the cars are the only way this valuation makes sense, and it's pricing in at least 5 years, maybe more.

I'm bullish and a fanboy as much as anyone else here, but this surely seems bubbly. It's not healthy for a stock to go parabolic without any dips. There needs to be some pullback soon, otherwise it may keep rising, then fall huge (20%? 30%?). Or maybe there is so much investor demand and sentiment about the future now, that it may only fall 10%.

I wish it would be included in the S&P index already, so all that priced in speculation is done with, and we can finally see the stock settle somewhere comfortable (I would guess 450-550 in between). It will be much more stable after inclusion in the index, is my guess.

Leave a comment:

• Nysoz
    replied
    Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post

Minus the whole income thing...
    It’ll be interesting to see where things go in 10 years. 40-50% growth annually means they’ll get to around 20-25M evs a year. Getting close to $1T in revenue in vehicles alone. Profit margins will be getting better and better as batteries get cheaper and manufacturing optimizes. As “ugly” as cybertruck is, it’ll be dirt cheap to make in comparison.

10 years from now there will be autonomous driving in some fashion. Either geofenced, along certain routes, or widespread. Time will tell who will win this race for a cheap widespread option and how to profit from that.

As fun as the cars are, I’m more interested in the energy side of things. I just don’t get digging up oil/coal/fossil fuels when there’s near infinite renewable energy. Solar, wind, hydroelectric. Plunking down battery farms and home battery systems will stabilize grids and smooth out any demand issues/power outages. Partnering with other energy suppliers for worldwide energy arbitration is where the huge money is at.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X