Tesla, the investment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nysoz View Post
    Those things that TeslaQ say may be true as well. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

I do admit to be bullish on the company and share price. I try to be more reasonable than TeslaQ and the dreamers though lol. As with almost everything in life, the right answer is more often somewhere in between. Unfortunately the difference between the two is so wide that no one truly knows.
    def appreciate hearing your thoughts as well

Comment

• Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post
      I could never bring myself to buy a $75 pair of athletic shorts unless it came with $60 in the pockets.
      Originally posted by xraygoggles View Post

Lululemon attire for men is a well kept secret. I found out about it from my ex a few years ago, who recommended it to me. It's form-fitting, comfortable, and versatile.

Let's make a Lululemon thread for us fanbois, forget Tesla.
      I'll join the fanclub!

CordMcNally, I was also a huge Lululemon skeptic. Prices looked outrageous, seemed like a huge waste of money, etc. My wife (then-girlfriend) tried to tell me their yoga pants cost 5X generic ones but last 10X longer, but I didn't really believe her. So she gifted me a pair of Lulu running shorts... and now practically all my workout clothes are from Lululemon.

Their stuff is awesome. I'll never go back to my former Nike/Adidas/Reebok stuff. It's totally a privilege, but what's the Ramit Sethi quote? "“Spend extravagantly on the things you love, and cut costs mercilessly on the things you don’t.” I run or bike 6-7 days a week and it's a notably better experience in the Lululemon clothes. Give it a try!

Comment

• Originally posted by SpacemanSpiff12 View Post

CordMcNally, I was also a huge Lululemon skeptic. Prices looked outrageous, seemed like a huge waste of money, etc. My wife (then-girlfriend) tried to tell me their yoga pants cost 5X generic ones but last 10X longer, but I didn't really believe her. So she gifted me a pair of Lulu running shorts... and now practically all my workout clothes are from Lululemon.

Their stuff is awesome. I'll never go back to my former Nike/Adidas/Reebok stuff. It's totally a privilege, but what's the Ramit Sethi quote? "“Spend extravagantly on the things you love, and cut costs mercilessly on the things you don’t.” I run or bike 6-7 days a week and it's a notably better experience in the Lululemon clothes. Give it a try!
        I'm all for paying for quality, if needed, but I've had the same several pairs of cheap workout/running shorts for over 3 years and they're all still going strong. I've never had an issue with feeling uncomfortable during a workout or run. I do buy nice running shoes, though. Besides, if I bought Lululemon shorts then that means I could no longer make fun of anyone that buys that brand and I refuse to give that up.

Comment

• Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post

Besides, if I bought Lululemon shorts then that means I could no longer make fun of anyone that buys that brand and I refuse to give that up.
          That's hilarious. I'm guessing that if this discussion strays into "chafing" then we might shut down the thread, so I'll leave it at that. But I agree that the worst part of wearing these clothes is not being able to make fun of everyone else who wears them.

Comment

But I agree that the worst part of wearing these clothes is not being able to make fun of everyone else who wears them.
            I dunno - I for one am very happy that we, as a society, were somehow able to convince attractive, fit women that wearing skintight pants and doing random bending and stretching activities is yoga.... Let's just leave it at that.

Comment

That's hilarious. I'm guessing that if this discussion strays into "chafing" then we might shut down the thread, so I'll leave it at that. But I agree that the worst part of wearing these clothes is not being able to make fun of everyone else who wears them.
              I mean, I wear underwear when I work out and run...

Comment

• It is funny how people justify what a stock or sector or the market in general is doing based on current events.

When TSLA was soaring everyone was saying it because they were going to take over the who auto market. Growing so fast. Future looking blah blah.

Now when crashing it is about the margin and over priced and market cap.

The faster we admit we do not know what is going on the better.

Stonks always go up. Until they don't.

Re: fancy pants discussion.
                I wear gym shorts around the house and while exercising. I get Champion or similar $10-15 shorts every few years as they wear out. Personally I would not pay even twice as much for pants that lasted twice as long. A few years is good enough for me.

My only concern is that the pocket has to be deep enough so my phone does not fall out when I sit down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lordosis View Post
                  It is funny how people justify what a stock or sector or the market in general is doing based on current events.

When TSLA was soaring everyone was saying it because they were going to take over the who auto market. Growing so fast. Future looking blah blah.

Re: fancy pants discussion.
                  I wear gym shorts around the house and while exercising. I get Champion or similar $10-15 shorts every few years as they wear out. Personally I would not pay even twice as much for pants that lasted twice as long. A few years is good enough for me.

My only concern is that the pocket has to be deep enough so my phone does not fall out when I sit down.
                  There are people that talk about that, and people that understand when things turn into trading, speculation and flows.

Once a stock gets into bonkers territory you have to recognize it for what it is, a cult trading stock. There is no basis in reality even though there will be lots of narratives. Just have to recognize it for what it is.

I nearly bought boat loads of GME around 36, for zero reason other than it appeared the narrative was building into a possible bubble.

Comment

• ***Nysoz net worth up 7 figures today!

Is Cathie Wood committing securities fraud by pumping a stock that takes up 10% of 3 of her ETFs?

Comment

• Heh, not quite there but I can definitely afford to eat and turn my heat back on . It would've been if I trusted my spaghetti line analysis (which I still don't really believe in) and had a continued job to fall back on in case my crazy plan didn't work out.

I'm looking forward to see how ridiculous her new price targets are. In her interviews, she says they've increased quite substantially.

Comment

• regretting not buying the 650s for this week yesterday, was oh so very close. I did add to tech in general but a relief rally, however temporary was due, even if its just ARKK shorts covering.

Comment

• Cathie Wood is...interesing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zaphod View Post
                            regretting not buying the 650s for this week yesterday, was oh so very close. I did add to tech in general but a relief rally, however temporary was due, even if its just ARKK shorts covering.
                            You trade weekly Tesla calls?

Comment

• Originally posted by xraygoggles View Post

You trade weekly Tesla calls?
                              No, never, which is why I didnt. The ARKK stuff and general market seemed ripe for at least one day of turnaround though. At one point they werent that bad a price. I kind of have my hands full enough with the dumb stuff im already doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lordosis View Post
                                It is funny how people justify what a stock or sector or the market in general is doing based on current events.

I've heard it said that the stock market is astrology for men.

Comment

Working...
                                X