Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tesla, the investment

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm glad to be a consumer supporting all you Tesla stock owners

    Was too sacred to drop dollars on Tesla.

    The battery tech and the software behind it are the powers for Tesla. The cars is just icing. Like AWS is for Amazon; the software+battery will change the powergrid, and automation and automotive -- in that order.

    People have said it before. Tesla is more energy company than car company.

    Comment


    • So with Tesla selling $5 billion of their own shares does that motivate anyone holding Tesla now to cash out too? I mean if Elon is cashing out, that might be a sign...

      Comment


      • Originally posted by hightower View Post
        So with Tesla selling $5 billion of their own shares does that motivate anyone holding Tesla now to cash out too? I mean if Elon is cashing out, that might be a sign...
        I think they could announce that this is a house of cards and it's going to fall by 50% today...and people would still buy Tesla at that point. It's certainly fun to watch but I'm sticking with my guns and what I know.

        Comment


        • I bought 1 share. Now I have 5. Up 20%. I might be able to afford the garage door upgrade for our y. But too lazy to take it in.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by hightower View Post
            So with Tesla selling $5 billion of their own shares does that motivate anyone holding Tesla now to cash out too? I mean if Elon is cashing out, that might be a sign...
            From what I understand, a capital raise at all time high prices is a sound decision from the company's standpoint. I don't think it's Elon cashing out. Besides, he still has 9 or 10 more tranches to unlock in terms of huge Tesla equity grants if he hits certain milestones going forward.

            I personally have 1/2 my shares in pre-tax and 1/2 post, so the retirement account shares will never be sold. One less thing to worry about.

            Comment


            • Yeah elon isn't cashing out. It sounds like issuing new shares 'from time to time' at market value to raise funds. Likely in preparation for S&P inclusion since the float is relatively low.

              If they didn't issue new shares, the board isn't selling, large bulls/institutions aren't selling a lot so the buying pressure from the S&P funds would skyrocket the price.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post

                I think they could announce that this is a house of cards and it's going to fall by 50% today...and people would still buy Tesla at that point. It's certainly fun to watch but I'm sticking with my guns and what I know.
                you just don’t know what you are talking about.

                Comment


                • I’ll probably get in if it goes back down to 250-300

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by fatlittlepig View Post
                    I’ll probably get in if it goes back down to 250-300
                    Definitely good entry point. It could happen although if it does drop like that sentiment will be low again and then you might be more risk averse on stock. I pounce when there are pull backs like this.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by xraygoggles View Post

                      From what I understand, a capital raise at all time high prices is a sound decision from the company's standpoint. I don't think it's Elon cashing out. Besides, he still has 9 or 10 more tranches to unlock in terms of huge Tesla equity grants if he hits certain milestones going forward.

                      I personally have 1/2 my shares in pre-tax and 1/2 post, so the retirement account shares will never be sold. One less thing to worry about.
                      It’s nice to speculate on Elon’s finances. You aren’t Elon and you aren’t buy a share of Elan.
                      As far as “soundness” , equity has been mentioned many times here as the key to wealth building. Ownership is probably the most valuable. At today’s low low interest rates, someone is getting fleeced.
                      Cost of equity is a return, a firm needs to pay to its equity shareholders to compensate the risk they undertake, by investing the amount in the firm. It is based on the expectation of the investors, hence this is the highest cost of capital.”

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by burritos View Post
                        I bought 1 share. Now I have 5. Up 20%. I might be able to afford the garage door upgrade for our y. But too lazy to take it in.
                        A Tesla mobile ranger will come to your house to install the garage door opener gratis once you order and pay for the part.

                        I feel it is ridiculous that Tesla doesn't include the garage door opener with the Y from the factory. But then these little annoyances with the Tesla fade once I hit the "gas" pedal, leading to that big Tesla grin.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by White.Beard.Doc View Post

                          A Tesla mobile ranger will come to your house to install the garage door opener gratis once you order and pay for the part.

                          I feel it is ridiculous that Tesla doesn't include the garage door opener with the Y from the factory. But then these little annoyances with the Tesla fade once I hit the "gas" pedal, leading to that big Tesla grin.
                          I got a homedepot univeral garage door opener that opens both my doors. If it's good enough for my bike, then it's good enough for my wife's y.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Tim View Post

                            It’s nice to speculate on Elon’s finances. You aren’t Elon and you aren’t buy a share of Elan.
                            As far as “soundness” , equity has been mentioned many times here as the key to wealth building. Ownership is probably the most valuable. At today’s low low interest rates, someone is getting fleeced.
                            Cost of equity is a return, a firm needs to pay to its equity shareholders to compensate the risk they undertake, by investing the amount in the firm. It is based on the expectation of the investors, hence this is the highest cost of capital.”
                            Sorry, but I don't quite understand what you are saying here.

                            Btw, it's not speculation. It's well-documented there are tranches for his equity comp. Keep in mind the numbers are pre-split, and needs to be stabilized for 6 months to get the grant. See: https://www.businessinsider.com/elon...ches-explainer

                            He's essentially all-in Tesla, as it should be for any executive for a growing company/startup.
                            Attached Files

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by xraygoggles View Post

                              Sorry, but I don't quite understand what you are saying here.

                              Btw, it's not speculation. It's well-documented there are tranches for his equity comp. Keep in mind the numbers are pre-split, and needs to be stabilized for 6 months to get the grant. See: https://www.businessinsider.com/elon...ches-explainer

                              He's essentially all-in Tesla, as it should be for any executive for a growing company/startup.
                              Except for SpaceX, The Boring Company and miscellaneous private investments. Your purchase of stock is as a shareholder, the same as Elon. Sure he has stock incentives.
                              You mentioned issuing stock is efficient, it is the least efficient method of raising capital.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Tim View Post
                                You mentioned issuing stock is efficient, it is the least efficient method of raising capital.
                                Not sure if that's true or not, but at least now Tesla has a foolproof method of raising capital whenever they like, which should help their growth prospects.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X