Tesla, the investment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BCBiker View Post

ya. Testing my tolerance and understanding good way to do this. I think the upside is going to be fairly significant up until end of September. I agree $3000 seems crazy in short term but it wouldn’t surprise me if it gets there in the last gasp of this crazy run before the short term catalysts run their course. It is possible the S&P buy in could lead to something completely crazy. There is some point I would just sell spreads to close position. Somewhere in the upper $2000s I think I might write some of these short term ones.
    Yes the longer out they are the more likely it can hit those numbers. Maybe lunatic weeklies. They can always be managed or closed with a little drop, then sold again ofc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zaphod View Post

Yes the longer out they are the more likely it can hit those numbers. Maybe lunatic weeklies. They can always be managed or closed with a little drop, then sold again ofc.
      part of it too is that anything short term I feel I need to watch like a hawk. The long dated calls are not that consequential throughout the day. But if you have written a call $100 otm it could cross that while you brush your teeth. It is bad enough how much I pay attention to the stock price.

Comment

• Yeah if you want to keep them write like $600-800 otm. When price was at 2100, I sold covered calls and spreads with a strike at 2700 and still got a few hundred per contract.

Comment

• Selling $100 OTM calls today versus on Monday is a HUGE difference.

Just stating the obvious.

Comment

part of it too is that anything short term I feel I need to watch like a hawk. The long dated calls are not that consequential throughout the day. But if you have written a call $100 otm it could cross that while you brush your teeth. It is bad enough how much I pay attention to the stock price.

yeah 100 is too darn close for tesla. Luckily there is still insane premium even 50% higher. I wouldnt want to risk it either so close to spot price.

Comment

• ... it just feels like bragging. You know what goes here. Dear flp, I’m glad I didn’t sell. I might be a fatter pig than you. Lol.

Comment

... it just feels like bragging. You know what goes here. Dear flp, I’m glad I didn’t sell. I might be a fatter pig than you. Lol.
                I’m happy 4 you.

Comment

• I'm glad I didn't listen to any of the naysayers over the past year.

I only wish I had bought thousand shares instead of only a few hundred when i bought my Model 3....

I'm really happy all the "normal people" (college students/regular job people) who hold a few hundred Tesla shares are now likely millionaires (or at least hundred thousand-aires). I think we forget on this forum sometimes, that most people will never have even a 6 figure portfolio.

Comment

• Originally posted by xraygoggles View Post
                    I'm glad I didn't listen to any of the naysayers over the past year.

I only wish I had bought thousand shares instead of only a few hundred when i bought my Model 3....

I'm really happy all the "normal people" (college students/regular job people) who hold a few hundred Tesla shares are now likely millionaires (or at least hundred thousand-aires). I think we forget on this forum sometimes, that most people will never have even a 6 figure portfolio.
                    Not a day goes by that I don't hear some one mention/text/email/social media post about Tesla stock. Frenzy is an understatement. Thoguh I agree, happy for folks who are benefitting (and hope they keep) the money they generated for betterment.

Comment

• Originally posted by xraygoggles View Post
                      I'm glad I didn't listen to any of the naysayers over the past year.

Yeah I invested as much as I could when I could. In retrospect I wish I was in options back then. Could’ve should’ve etc.

My brokerage is still confused about the split with shares and options so I can’t wait to see what things are worth when everything settles.

The scary thing is that there’s still more room to run possibly as well. If Tesla keeps performing in all areas, it’ll probably be the most valuable company in 10 years. It’ll definitely have big ups, downs and manipulation, but Tesla has the possibility to disrupt so many different industries.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nysoz View Post
                        The scary thing is that there’s still more room to run possibly as well. If Tesla keeps performing in all areas, it’ll probably be the most valuable company in 10 years. It’ll definitely have big ups, downs and manipulation, but Tesla has the possibility to disrupt so many different industries.
                        Minus the whole income thing...

Comment

• Originally posted by formerly_cn View Post

Not a day goes by that I don't hear some one mention/text/email/social media post about Tesla stock. Frenzy is an understatement. Thoguh I agree, happy for folks who are benefitting (and hope they keep) the money they generated for betterment.
                          There is a difference in stock options now. Not the options you buy and sell. At one time, subcontractors were truly temporary. To be employed meant an automatic stock option grant. Minimum of 2,500 and additional grants after 3-5 years. Two grants vesting at the same time. 12,000 millionaires is a lot. Not IPO wealth, company success. That was the big employee benefit.

Comment

• Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post

Minus the whole income thing...
                            It’ll be interesting to see where things go in 10 years. 40-50% growth annually means they’ll get to around 20-25M evs a year. Getting close to $1T in revenue in vehicles alone. Profit margins will be getting better and better as batteries get cheaper and manufacturing optimizes. As “ugly” as cybertruck is, it’ll be dirt cheap to make in comparison.

10 years from now there will be autonomous driving in some fashion. Either geofenced, along certain routes, or widespread. Time will tell who will win this race for a cheap widespread option and how to profit from that.

As fun as the cars are, I’m more interested in the energy side of things. I just don’t get digging up oil/coal/fossil fuels when there’s near infinite renewable energy. Solar, wind, hydroelectric. Plunking down battery farms and home battery systems will stabilize grids and smooth out any demand issues/power outages. Partnering with other energy suppliers for worldwide energy arbitration is where the huge money is at.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nysoz View Post

It’ll be interesting to see where things go in 10 years. 40-50% growth annually means they’ll get to around 20-25M evs a year. Getting close to $1T in revenue in vehicles alone. Profit margins will be getting better and better as batteries get cheaper and manufacturing optimizes. As “ugly” as cybertruck is, it’ll be dirt cheap to make in comparison.

10 years from now there will be autonomous driving in some fashion. Either geofenced, along certain routes, or widespread. Time will tell who will win this race for a cheap widespread option and how to profit from that.

As fun as the cars are, I’m more interested in the energy side of things. I just don’t get digging up oil/coal/fossil fuels when there’s near infinite renewable energy. Solar, wind, hydroelectric. Plunking down battery farms and home battery systems will stabilize grids and smooth out any demand issues/power outages. Partnering with other energy suppliers for worldwide energy arbitration is where the huge money is at.
                              I agree with you about Tesla being more than a car company. The battery/tech/infrastructure/robotaxi PLUS the cars are the only way this valuation makes sense, and it's pricing in at least 5 years, maybe more.

I'm bullish and a fanboy as much as anyone else here, but this surely seems bubbly. It's not healthy for a stock to go parabolic without any dips. There needs to be some pullback soon, otherwise it may keep rising, then fall huge (20%? 30%?). Or maybe there is so much investor demand and sentiment about the future now, that it may only fall 10%.

I wish it would be included in the S&P index already, so all that priced in speculation is done with, and we can finally see the stock settle somewhere comfortable (I would guess 450-550 in between). It will be much more stable after inclusion in the index, is my guess.

Comment

• One thing that occurred to me (re-occurred, really) that is rarely mentioned is that it shouldn't be the value of Tesla vs a car manufacturer. It is Tesla compared with every manufacturer PLUS the entire value of their dealership network. The money that Bobs Ford of BFE, Nebraska collect off of each F-150 is money the Ford Motors doesn't make. Tesla has foregone the traditional model, and while that has slowed their growth, they get closer and closer to parity each year. At this point the states that are holding our are going to have voters frustrated with their politicians for making them work to buy the car, rather than potential purchasers frustrated with Tesla for not having a traditional dealer network.

Comment

Working...
                                X