Tesla, the investment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In a distant future, where all cars are Tesla, I see the following:

A car with varying abilities depending on your monthly subscription fee. Higher monthly fees unlock greater abilities that are released to the subscriber. Fees for softwear upgrades, to keep the vehicle functioning well, and a time when no further upgrades are supported, making the vehicle inoperable, and replacement necessary. This will ensure steady, consistent revenue, and also ensure consumer “trapping”.

Targeted advertising during autopilot, in exchange for lower monthly fees.

A robust AI and data gathering system that will be able to predict with great accuracy where you are, and what you are doing, and when you are doing it, and how you are doing it. In conjunction with our phones, this will ensure full predictability and traceability of the masses. The car will know that it is 96% probable that in 43days at 9am you will be in the Target parking lot.

Your phone will know what path you will travel through the isles, and what you will buy, and what modification of path and product placement is needed to get your attention, and the success rate of the modifications.

Push-button traffic stops for police will be programmed in, and certain issues with hacking and security will arise, along with covert state-sponsored assassinations related to arranged “accidents” due to vehicle control.

All of these are occurring already to some degree.

.....but that’s like, just my opinion, man.

Comment

• Not sure EM is going towards the state sponsored assassinations yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tim View Post
        Not sure EM is going towards the state sponsored assassinations yet.
        They didn’t check with him 1st.
        https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ileaks-claims/

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaqen Haghar MD View Post
          “even WikiLeaks admits “the purpose of such control is not specified.”
          Just saying. I wouldn’t put it pay those scoundrels!

Comment

Somewhere alone the way, tolerance and respect for individual rights got confused with “acceptance in our society”. Social norms do not mean “it’s ok”. You were allowed to say “no way am I accepting your views or behavior.”
            Now it’s “Omg, you are a bad close minded person.” I doubt one can “weird” is a requirement for creativity. By the way, no desire to go to the stars let alone Mars or the moon. Especially in a rocket with EM! His antics get old.
            Well. I don't own telsa stock. Nor do I believe he should be canceled. He hasn't done anything overtly illegal. So people can love him or hate him. Just my opinion.

Comment

• When you ponder the question "if you could have a conversation with anyone alive today" he comes close to the top of my list.

Comment

• Originally posted by burritos View Post
                As distasteful inflated egos are, they are what propel us collectively to the stars.
                Think EM’s marketing savvy clouds the judgement.
                Plenty of brilliant people don’t get headlines and don’t get rich. A-hole not required. CMU or Caltech for instance
                ”Science and engineering on the one hand, arts and the humanities on the other.”
                https://www.digitaltrends.com/featur...of-the-future/
                There is a difference between love and respect and between hate and disrespect.
                Tesla existed before EM. OMG!
                Last edited by Tim; 05-04-2020, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Somewhere alone the way, tolerance and respect for individual rights got confused with “acceptance in our society”. Social norms do not mean “it’s ok”. You were allowed to say “no way am I accepting your views or behavior.”
                  Now it’s “Omg, you are a bad close minded person.” I doubt one can “weird” is a requirement for creativity. By the way, no desire to go to the stars let alone Mars or the moon. Especially in a rocket with EM! His antics get old.
                  Well 2 astronauts are getting launched up to the ISS may 27 in a spacex rocket. first astronauts from us soil in about a decade apparently

Comment

• Originally posted by Nysoz View Post

Well 2 astronauts are getting launched up to the ISS may 27 in a spacex rocket. first astronauts from us soil in about a decade apparently
                    Not the first by any means. No doubt the man has some very redeeming qualities. One of those is self promotion. Reminds me a little bit of Tom Cruise. Image counts and EM is a master at that but has some great ideas. And a "few minor faults".

Comment

Not the first by any means. No doubt the man has some very redeeming qualities. One of those is self promotion. Reminds me a little bit of Tom Cruise. Image counts and EM is a master at that but has some great ideas. And a "few minor faults".
                      Last US manned space launch was in 2011. All American astronauts since have gone up on Russian metal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Molar Mechanic View Post

Last US manned space launch was in 2011. All American astronauts since have gone up on Russian metal.
                        Diminishing returns. Think of it this way.
                        Rocket scientists use to be top shelf and aeronautical engineering the wave of the future, want to be an astronaut. Would you suggest that is a good career path?

Comment

Diminishing returns. Think of it this way.
                          Rocket scientists use to be top shelf and aeronautical engineering the wave of the future, want to be an astronaut. Would you suggest that is a good career path?
                          I would say it's still a good career path. If I had kids and they wanted to work at nasa or be an astronaut, I'd be proud of them. as for diminishing returns of space travel and research I guess it depends on what comes as a byproduct of it. lots of innovations came from nasa during the golden age of the space race and travel.

in 10-20-50-100 years, if we're colonizing mars or mining asteroids for trillions of dollars worth of metals, I'd say there would be more interest in space again

Comment

• Originally posted by Nysoz View Post
                            I would say it's still a good career path. If I had kids and they wanted to work at nasa or be an astronaut, I'd be proud of them. as for diminishing returns of space travel and research I guess it depends on what comes as a byproduct of it. lots of innovations came from nasa during the golden age of the space race and travel.
                            in 10-20-50-100 years, if we're colonizing mars or mining asteroids for trillions of dollars worth of metals, I'd say there would be more interest in space again
                            DOL predicts employment shrinking about 2%. If one wants to pursue their dreams, that is fine. Most of the jobs are now private. But who knows, in 20 years it might get better. Maybe not. Good luck with the career.

NASA employs nearly 17,000 people with diverse backgrounds. The 1960s began with a tremendous increase in the agency's manpower, followed by a contraction as marked as the expansion that preceded it. The number of contractor employees alone doubled in 1961-1962 and again in the following year 1 to the point where 420 000 persons (contractor and civil service) were working directly or indirectly for NASA at the beginning of 1966.2 This marked the turning point; from a total of 396 000 employees at the end of June 1966, agency employment fell to 307 000 in 1967, to 268 000 in 1968, and to 218 000 in 1969.3

Comment

• I went to the Kennedy Space center in 2013 and it was sad. Very "Has been" feel to it. But I went back again this past winter and it is nothing like I would imagine from the Golden age of spaceflight but it is definitely improving.

Public interest has drastically waned. So government funding has also waned. The only hope we have to reach the stars is wealthy, reckless, ambitious, individuals. Once the way is paved it will be much easier for others to follow. But it takes a lot to push into the unknown with little promise of return.

Comment

• "with little promise of return." Think about adding "or returning." The outsourcing is for profit.
                                Return flight cancelled. No more funding!

Comment

Working...
                                X