Trouble setting up sep ira on Vanguard site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble setting up sep ira on Vanguard site

I'm wanting to set up a sep with Vanguard however when it comes to page where it asks contributions for 2016 it will not let me move ahead without entering a dollar amount. It also tells me that the max contribution is 5500. Im not trying to contribute as an employee as I already max out my employer's 403b. I have read previous posts that say how super easy this is, apparently not for me. Appreciate any suggestions.

Are you sure you didn't accidentally choose "IRA" instead of "SEP IRA"? That's what it sounds like it wants you to set up.
    Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

The only option it gives me is either Roth or traditional. This is after I click the link to set up a sep online.

Comment

Its traditional if that helps.

Comment

Problem solved. I was trying to set it up from my phone, needs to be done from PC to see all available options.

Comment

Problem solved. I was trying to set it up from my phone, needs to be done from PC to see all available options.

Glad you got it fixed. I was logged off after 4pm yesterday and couldn't comment. Can't imagine doing that on a cell phone lol, makes me feel old. Guess they couldn't, either.
            Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Working...
            X