Vanguard vs. Spartan index funds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanguard vs. Spartan index funds

Unfortunately, my employer does not offer vanguard funds. However, it looks like I can buy the vanguard funds through fidelity account but would have to pay a premium for that - something like 75 dollars transaction fee for every vanguard purchase.

Would anyone recommend doing that? or would I be better off just picking the fidelity spartan index funds. Thanks a lot.

It depends on the amount of the transaction, I suppose. Assuming you are not buying in the 5- and 6-figures, I would go with the Spartan. (Probably would, regardless.)
    Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Use the Spartan funds. There difference is negligible and absolutely not worth the $75/transaction fee. I have used the Spartan funds for years, and they have become more competitive on ER over time.

Comment

For the funds that I use, Fidelity's expense ratio matches those of Vanguard.   I prefer Fidelity simply because they have investor centers where I can talk to real people if I have a question or a problem.

Comment

That's what I thought too. Thanks a lot. Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          X