Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan
    replied
    I'll expose my ignorance-- who would TD Ameritrade customers be trading with? How do these after-hours markets/pools work? I'd be especially worried about high frequency trading firms front-running orders and taking invisible commissions.

On the other hand, the more volatility associated with less liquidity is generally a good thing if you have some prices in mind for particular stocks as a (long-term) value investor. Paying some extra hidden fees may still be worth it.

Personally, we sold most of our taxable investments to pay off low-interest debts over the past few months, so we don't have much in the game right now.

Leave a comment:

• Hatton
    replied
    Calling Zaphod!

Leave a comment:

• VagabondMD
    replied
    Nah, I gotta sleep sometime or else I get really cranky.

Leave a comment:

• jfoxcpacfp
    replied
    Nope, once a year to rebalance is enough for me, even though we custody with TDA.

Leave a comment:

• djohnflatfeecfp
    started a topic Trading 24 Hours a Day! Who Is In?

Trading 24 Hours a Day! Who Is In?

Great news!  You can now trade 24 hours a day on TDAmeritrade.  I mean, what could go wrong with the ability for anyone to trade all day long?  (Please note all of this is in the sarcasm font).  I have a couple of attorney friends I expect to never hear from again as they will be locked away trading non-stop. (This part is not in sarcasm font)

Working...
X