Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optum HSA (previously Wells) now has Vanguard funds

Not sure this matters to many people, but I am pleased:

My HSA is in Optum (transferred there from Wells).  I previously had lousy investment options, but as of today, I have access to Vanguard institutional funds!  Given the size of my account, this lower fee is worth a boatload of prescriptions from the Walmart $4 list.

I exchanged into a Vanguard fund today in mine. The lowest ER among the previous options was 0.25, I believe. Now, I'm in the Vanguard Total Bond Fund at 0.04.

Comment

Good news. I changed from Wells Fargo 500 Index to Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Institutional at ER of 0.04

Comment

yes.  this is awesome.  also, even though i dont keep 5,000 in cash, they quit charging me the 4.25 monthly fee, and in fact are refunding me the monthly fees i recently paid.  every few days i get another $4.25 refund.  strange.  but i'll take it.  but as of now, this is by far the most favorable HSA out there as best i can tell.  and i was just about to switch away from it because of poor investment options!

Comment

Awesome - thanks!!! Good to know.

Comment

What are the current fees for an Optum HSA?

Comment

I just looked.  I don't see any fees posting in my account although they require $2100 in cash.  As alluded to by otodoc, I think they wave fees with a big enough balance?

Comment

I just looked.  I don’t see any fees posting in my account although they require $2100 in cash.  As alluded to by otodoc, I think they wave fees with a big enough balance?

I think the fees depend on your employers plan (or your self, if you don't have an employer). Ours has a $0/monthly fee, and a $2000 cash minimum, anything over $2000 can be moved to an investment account. As G mentioned, they do have a goofy $2100 pseudo limit, because they require a minumum of $100 to move from HSA to investment, thus you can't move anything to investment, unless you have 2100 in cash, but you are allowed to invest so long as you hvae 2000.

We move anything over 2000 into the investment each month.

Comment

Working...
                X