investing extra cash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• investing extra cash

I am wondering how to invest an amount in taxable brokerage account that I have after CD matured. Should I invest portion of it every month for next 1 year or just invest lump sum. I plan to use total stock index fund in brokerage account. Does it make sense to keep it 90% total stock index/10% intermediate municipal bond fund? With recession looming, what do you guys think?

If you know that a "recession is looming", then why would you invest in the market? You should short it.

But seriously, if you can stomach the volatility of a 20-30% crash in the market, then lump sum is the right move. If you cannot stomach it, then DCA over a year.

Comment

A recession is almost always looming depending on who you ask. Lump sum wins 2/3rds of the time but do what’s best for you. We don’t know if 90/10 is right for you based on the limited info. Are you greater than 10 years from retirement? If so, invest it all at once and don’t look back.

Comment

Lump sum for me but as said depends on what you will do when the "looming" recession happens

Comment

figure out your preferred asset allocation and invest excess cash accordingly.

Lump sum is the evidence based answer.

Comment

Thanks everyone

Comment

Working...
            X