Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ukraine War... How much will S&P drop this week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post

I think it's more likely that this is more psychiatric and he's just lost touch with reality through isolation and being around his inner circle.
    Did he recently join twitter?

Comment

• Originally posted by PedsCCM View Post

Did he recently join twitter?
      lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Dont_know_mind View Post
        What knife catching action were you thinking of performing ? Can you describe it in detail?
        Small amount of money. ERUS. No technical analysis or detailed approach. Market says it is worth X...Putin (I mean Russia) gets belligerent...market says it is worth X/4. The truth is probably somewhere in between. It feels like counting cards to a degree. (Any blackjack players out there?)

I do not disagree with folks that say there is no such thing as "play money"...but it kinda feels like those days when WFC was in the single digits.

Comment

• Originally posted by G View Post

Small amount of money. ERUS. No technical analysis or detailed approach. Market says it is worth X...Putin (I mean Russia) gets belligerent...market says it is worth X/4. The truth is probably somewhere in between. It feels like counting cards to a degree. (Any blackjack players out there?)

I do not disagree with folks that say there is no such thing as "play money"...but it kinda feels like those days when WFC was in the single digits.
          I bought more total international index funds last thur & yesterday.

20 year plan. In 20 years it will be worth more, or the world will be a mess.

Comment

• Differences from Hitler's Germany are 1. Nuclear arsenal and 2. Putin does not have near the popular support that Hitler had.

I hope and assume the west is frantically working its in-country agents and back channels to let every Russian of any importance know that avoiding nuclear war and/or removing Putin to achieve that ends will be well-rewarded. Obviously they can't be seen as actively fomenting regime change, but they are trying to put in a backstop to the worst case scenarios.

Comment

• Originally posted by G View Post

RUSL (2x Russia index) liquidated due to increased vol & illiquidity of Moex.

Caveat emptor.

Comment

• Originally posted by xraygoggles View Post

Caveat emptor.
                Ouch. How does that work? Do you just get informed that you lost all of your money and they are shutting it down, or do they freeze and say, “Here’s 20% of what you started with. Good luck out there.”? Or now that it is announced it will shut dow on March 11th, does everybody just rush for the exits and try to get a few dollars back?

Comment

• I don’t mean to make light…. With schools, homes, and important infrastructure being reduced to rubble, and it’s so early, that starvation and sickness hasn’t set in yet…. But the gym? They blew up the gym.

Click image for larger version

Name:	07E109B3-D9C6-4AFE-A260-AF1379B5A6CA.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	322970

Comment

• Originally posted by xraygoggles View Post

Caveat emptor.
                    Phew, I learned my lesson with leveraged funds back in the GFC--after a lot of churning, I broke even...not counting my time.

There's always tax loss harvesting, a bit of aloe on the burn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaqen Haghar MD View Post
                      I don’t mean to make light…. With schools, homes, and important infrastructure being reduced to rubble, and it’s so early, that starvation and sickness hasn’t set in yet…. But the gym? They blew up the gym.
                      You're assuming they have precision control with these projectiles.

Comment

I don’t mean to make light…. With schools, homes, and important infrastructure being reduced to rubble, and it’s so early, that starvation and sickness hasn’t set in yet…. But the gym? They blew up the gym.
                        Well, if the Ukrainians can keep working out they will be too strong for the Russians to beat. So the gym is clearly critical infrastructure!

On a more serious note, this a a great website if you want to help Ukraine and its people out financially and don't know where to send your money: https://helpukrainetogether.com/ With Russia blowing up everything, they are certainly going to need all the help they can get.

Comment

Feel the burn?

Comment

• Originally posted by artemis View Post

Well, if the Ukrainians can keep working out they will be too strong for the Russians to beat. So the gym is clearly critical infrastructure!

On a more serious note, this a a great website if you want to help Ukraine and its people out financially and don't know where to send your money: https://helpukrainetogether.com/ With Russia blowing up everything, they are certainly going to need all the help they can get.
                            The Russians found out the Ukrainians were making “gains”, north of Kyiv. …I’m too upset to show the pics of the destruction at the creatine factory.

The amount of rebuilding needed will be monumental. The country will be in ruins. It already is.

Comment

Ouch. How does that work? Do you just get informed that you lost all of your money and they are shutting it down, or do they freeze and say, “Here’s 20% of what you started with. Good luck out there.”? Or now that it is announced it will shut dow on March 11th, does everybody just rush for the exits and try to get a few dollars back?
                              https://m.benzinga.com/article/25911575

"Direxion will be closing and liquidating the Direxion Daily Russia Bull 2X Shares (NYSE: RUSL) fund, citing "increased market volatility and restrictions on Russian securities."

"Direxion said investors who currently own shares of the RUSL fund can choose to sell their shares on the open market before March 11 or hold them until their liquidation date on March 18. Starting on the liquidation date, Direxion will distribute cash pro rata to all remaining shareholders and the fund will terminate."

I don't own any, but interesting to see it liquidate. It's down 80%, which is horrible, but not quite 100% yet.

Comment

• The most effective economic deterrent against Russia would be really simple. A boycott of Russian oil.
                                As long as oil flows, Russia will get paid some way or other. That at this time would be devastating.
                                The question is, what economies would be damaged the most and which governments would survive?

Comment

Working...
                                X