Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you hold your crypto

Hello,
    new to crypto to a degree, only a couple years in. Where do you hold it? I had Coinbase but sold and moved to voyager, you collect interest on your coins there. Also had Robinhood because I felt it is most secure but sold off there and left some of that in Coinbase.

any suggestions?

I keep mine in voyager for the interest as well. The more seasoned crypto people will chime in and say cold wallet or something.

Comment

Negligible amount in BlockFi, also for the interest. Everyone I know with anything substantial has a Trezor cold storage wallet.

Comment

Cold wallet and BlockFi

Comment

Coinbase, Coinbase pro, robinhood. Negligible really, so haven't gone for cold storage, etc.

Comment

This may be a bit different from your original question but I keep 30-40k of cash split between Gemini GUSD stablecoins and USD coin on LEDN. Gemini gives you 8.05% interest and LEDN gives 9.25%. The holdings are liquid and the returns are great, you just have to hope that the bottom doesn't fall out from underneath you and one day it all disappears (definitely not FDIC insured bank accounts).

Comment

Originally posted by Orthodoc View Post
              This may be a bit different from your original question but I keep 30-40k of cash split between Gemini GUSD stablecoins and USD coin on LEDN. Gemini gives you 8.05% interest and LEDN gives 9.25%. The holdings are liquid and the returns are great, you just have to hope that the bottom doesn't fall out from underneath you and one day it all disappears (definitely not FDIC insured bank accounts).
              When I go on the Gemini USD reddit forums, they make it sound like they have to hold the coins for 3 months before they can withdraw and maybe im confusing this with Celsius but sometimes people have been trouble not receiving any withdrawals. If someone wants to pursue Gemini/Celsius please do your research as i could be mistaken. Have you had any issues with withdrawals yet?

Also Voyager i think is owned by Celsius network.

Comment

Bitfinex’ed 🔥 on Twitter: "🚨🚨 BlockFi Rug-pulling is in progress. It starts with withdrawal restrictions. 🚨🚨 Minimum withdrawal amounts to fleece retail bag holders and only one withdrawal a month. For the love of god, stop sending your money to these scammers. https://t.co/9BCYQjob2O" / Twitter

I wouldn't touch stablecoins or NFTs with a ten foot pole. Bitfinex'ed has been all over how shady and nefarious a lot of these actors are along with how the scams operate. An exchange gets hacked for hundreds or millions of dollars and then the money is just magically replaced. We'll see how long the show continues.

Comment

Not your keys, not your coins. Don’t hold your crypto on a centralized exchange. And if you hold any ERC20’s they are going to be copied onto PulseChain, as long as they are being held in a non-custodial wallet. This will be the largest airdrop in history. the entire Etherium blockchain, in it’s full system state is being copied.

Comment

Originally posted by PulseX View Post
                    Not your keys, not your coins. Don’t hold your crypto on a centralized exchange. And if you hold any ERC20’s they are going to be copied onto PulseChain, as long as they are being held in a non-custodial wallet. This will be the largest airdrop in history. the entire Etherium blockchain, in it’s full system state is being copied.
                    Perhaps you should learn to spell Ethereum correctly before you begin your quest for blockchain domination vis-a-vis Pulse.

Comment

Working...
                    X