No announcement yet.

Side business besides Medicine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm currently helping my wife build a skin care business (not a medispa). She has been an esthetician for the past 8 years and offers facials, microderm, etc. She is looking to come close to replacing her income from her current job as a dental assistant with the business.  We have arranged our finances so we are not dependent on her income so it is low risk overall.  She also didn't like the idea of paying huge amounts of money for rent and wants to make her services affordable for her clients.  Thus, she is operating out of our home.  I did all of the labor on renovating the new room except some of the flooring (I estimate this work has increased equity by $10-20k).  I also built her web page and am initiating her online marketing (glamourskinbar.com).  She definitely isn't going to get rich with this but she finds the business much more rewarding than her day job.  It also offers flexibility for starting a family and as I continue on in my training. Her goal is to quit her job by April. She opened last week and has been getting quite a few clients already.

I like it for the tax benefits and because it makes her happy! So far my time commitment to this has been high but once it gets rolling she will not need my help. In addition to helping her, it has also given me a lot of experience in web publishing and marketing, skills that could be useful in my future practice.

She has really created an amazing atmosphere with really good prices compared to competitors.  If you live or are traveling to Denver, you should check it out. I might post this as its own thread because I think it has been an interesting project.

Comment

Working...
    X