what's the damage 1-22-22?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tim View Post

For such a nice guy, I am surprised how mean spirited nice people can be. Reminds me of The Godfather. Just think of how many of your patients will suffer. Yada , yada yada.
    It is not like my wishing and hope will actually effect things! Or can it???

Comment

Originally posted by TheDangerZone View Post
      I just looked at TQQQ and it's down about 40% in 2022. Yikes.
      You look at the financial websites and the same old nonsense is being spouted - poor earnings from the companies and worry about Fed raising the interest rates.

C'mon, what else do you expect the Fed to do. They have kept the interest rate close to zero for more than a decade. And people are tired of getting .001% interest on their savings and CD. So they have jumped into the stock market hoopla. Too much money chasing too little quality companies. So yes, earning will disappoint. And that excess money will lead to inflation. It was never transitory and as I had commented earlier on here in this forum, anyone who went out shopping knew prices were rising fast and >2% and you cannot blame it all on used car prices and chip shortages.

Finally people realized the emperor indeed has no clothes and have panicked and hearing that the inflation is consistently > 7% is now not disputed. The Fed cannot keep this charade of transitory inflation and has to combat it by raising the interest rates., Did the stupid wall street trader not understand that? What did they go to those expensive business schools for?

I can see a housing correction in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by Lordosis View Post

It is not like my wishing and hope will actually effect things! Or can it???
        Strange things happen. Just like the really nice NWM advisor of the psychic advisor. Really nice people. It’s a jungle out there, take no prisoners.
        Just watch your back around “old people”. Some day you will be one.

Comment

Is it still considered a correction when stocks that got insanely overpriced start becoming more normally priced? Many of them still have a ways to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamban View Post

You look at the financial websites and the same old nonsense is being spouted - poor earnings from the companies and worry about Fed raising the interest rates.

C'mon, what else do you expect the Fed to do. They have kept the interest rate close to zero for more than a decade. And people are tired of getting .001% interest on their savings and CD. So they have jumped into the stock market hoopla. Too much money chasing too little quality companies. So yes, earning will disappoint. And that excess money will lead to inflation. It was never transitory and as I had commented earlier on here in this forum, anyone who went out shopping knew prices were rising fast and >2% and you cannot blame it all on used car prices and chip shortages.

Finally people realized the emperor indeed has no clothes and have panicked and hearing that the inflation is consistently > 7% is now not disputed. The Fed cannot keep this charade of transitory inflation and has to combat it by raising the interest rates., Did the stupid wall street trader not understand that? What did they go to those expensive business schools for?

I can see a housing correction in the near future.
            Was there a reason you quoted me in particular?

I was just curious about how leveraged funds were doing since TQQQ was a favorite of many during the post Covid run up. True enough, the amplification of returns seems to go another ways.

But to your your general point, markets go up and markets go down. Then people make up the reasons for movements it after the fact. It certainly could have kept chugging along for awhile longer. People calling the market irrational is a tale as old as time.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDangerZone View Post

Was there a reason you quoted me in particular?

I was just curious about how leveraged funds were doing since TQQQ was a favorite of many during the post Covid run up. True enough, the amplification of returns seems to go another ways.

But to your your general point, markets go up and markets go down. Then people make up the reasons for movements it after the fact. It certainly could have kept chugging along for awhile longer. People calling the market irrational is a tale as old as time.
              No reason to quote you in particular except to expand on the point of dropping markets and reasons being spouted. Sorry.

Comment

@Kambam “I can see a housing correction in the near.”
                Not just housing. New housing is beneficial to the economy, resale is just inflation.
                What we have is a “crisis of confidence”. Instability in just about any global aspect (domestic and international) is through the roof.
                Face it, the pandemic consumed a huge amount of resources. There is a global reset in progress. Rebuilding confidence is a long hard job. No clue who can do this. It is not “better messaging”.
                Everything will be fine in the long run. Just don’t have a clue what it will look like.

Comment

Down 5.55% YTD, 1.51% today! Asset allocation 39.1 / 57.4 / 3.5. I am 15 years into retirement with no debts and net worth in eight digits.

Comment

This was bound to happen . Probably it will go down more . If it drops significantly more , I will need to think If I should invest all my downpayment money and continue to live in smaller house till housing Market corrects

Comment

Sorry for those further down the road but I am loving this. Burn baby burn. And stay down this time! Come back up in the 2030s.
                      yes, please... I could use a nice 3-5 year downswing personally. 7 would be fine as well though. Can we compromise and rally in 2028 or 2029?

Comment

Originally posted by Yowza View Post

yes, please... I could use a nice 3-5 year downswing personally. 7 would be fine as well though. Can we compromise and rally in 2028 or 2029?
                        Is it time to celebrate yet ? They still seem so expensive . If I remember correctly when 2020 crash happened , it was at 171 and went down close to 119 or so . Well , if it reaches that level , you can open your champagne? Again , sorry for those close to retirement and heavy in stocks . Sounds selfish .

Comment

Originally posted by Yowza View Post

That is fine with me. Please inform Mr Market

Comment

Sorry for those further down the road but I am loving this. Burn baby burn. And stay down this time! Come back up in the 2030s.
                            I think there is a difference between internally recognizing that an extended stock market depression may be good for younger investors (such as myself) in the long term, and proactively cheering for it like it's a football game.

Yes, of course, it's part of the market and it will always cycle. But there is real money attached, especially for the older and wiser among us, with real effects.

Poor form.

Comment

Well I did another Roth conversion today and tax loss harvested a bond fund. I would not celebrate.

Comment

I know I’ll be fine with or without a recession but I don’t wish the stress on those who don’t have that viewpoint.

Reminds me of this scene…https://youtu.be/0k5aVLi_yhM

Comment

Working...
                                X