Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: How much did your net worth increase in 2021?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Tim View Post
    Humble brag? Echo confirmation? Might need a poll on the motivation factor.
    A poll about polls, we can call it the metapoll

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by childay View Post

      A poll about polls, we can call it the metapoll
      At the leading edge of technology. VR, AI all blended with the ability to everyone to vote. Metaverse is the way of the future.
      Full disclosure: Paid for by Facebook. Just sign in and it votes for you.

      Comment


      • #63
        All these polls…. Net worth. Age. Net worth annual increase. The debate in several threads about time out from from training vs net worth and net worth increase vs age. We clearly need an index. The white coat investor index. The WCII. Someone feel free to make that a poll.

        Net worth / age / years out from training. Divided by 100 (to make the numbers more manageable) = WCII

        5,800,000 / 38 / 6 /100 = 254

        WBD and a couple of these other wealthy posters recently might be 50,000,000 / 55 / 23 / 100 = 395

        A younger person might be a WCII of 30 (200,000 / 33 / 2 / 100 = 30)

        Someone with a previous career might also be a 30 (1,000,000 / 47 / 7 / 100 = 30)

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by abds View Post
          All these polls…. Net worth. Age. Net worth annual increase. The debate in several threads about time out from from training vs net worth and net worth increase vs age. We clearly need an index. The white coat investor index. The WCII. Someone feel free to make that a poll.

          Net worth / age / years out from training. Divided by 100 (to make the numbers more manageable) = WCII

          5,800,000 / 38 / 6 /100 = 254

          WBD and a couple of these other wealthy posters recently might be 50,000,000 / 55 / 23 / 100 = 395

          A younger person might be a WCII of 30 (200,000 / 33 / 2 / 100 = 30)

          Someone with a previous career might also be a 30 (1,000,000 / 47 / 7 / 100 = 30)
          makes sense.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	calculating-puzzled.gif
Views:	313
Size:	575.8 KB
ID:	312729

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by FIREshrink View Post

            Why are we comparing?
            For fun?

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by xraygoggles View Post

              makes sense.

              Click image for larger version

Name:	calculating-puzzled.gif
Views:	313
Size:	575.8 KB
ID:	312729
              I was thinking some cross between Russel Crowe in A Beautiful Mind and charlie’s conspiracy board in Always Sunny.

              Comment


              • #67
                My NW went up $1.7m last year from $7m to $8.7m. My take-home after taxes ~$700k (pretax income ~$1.1m) so the rest was appreciation in my brokerage/retirement/529 accounts and what Mint says my home is worth. 58% NW increase from investments/home. My investments 80/20 equities/bonds.

                My 2021 compensation is the most I'm ever going to make as a doc unless something weird happens. The amount and pace of work was exhausting and I don't want to work like that again. Rather hire and staff more for a less hectic workday and take home less income.

                Comment


                • #68
                  WCI came up with a net worth index. Reinventing the wheel. Nice for a target index to benchmark.
                  https://www.whitecoatinvestor.com/a-...b-for-doctors/
                  Please note, for all physicians, incomes and length of practice. Most of you are way above average.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Up $540k year over year. 70% from savings.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by gahoo35 View Post
                      Up $540k year over year. 70% from savings.
                      I am curious because you are an example of someone who is able to save more then I make. Do you mind sharing your savings rate?

                      Putting away that much money is impressive either way but even more so if you are living on less then you save.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by Lordosis View Post

                        I am curious because you are an example of someone who is able to save more then I make. Do you mind sharing your savings rate?

                        Putting away that much money is impressive either way but even more so if you are living on less then you save.
                        Gross is 100%-savings of 70% leaves 30% for taxes and living. I would be curious how taxes are less than zero, and that would actually require a tax credit.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by Tim View Post

                          Gross is 100%-savings of 70% leaves 30% for taxes and living. I would be curious how taxes are less than zero, and that would actually require a tax credit.
                          70% of total net worth increase for the year does not equate to 70% savings rate.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by Anne View Post

                            70% of total net worth increase for the year does not equate to 70% savings rate.
                            Yep, depends on the denominators.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by Lordosis View Post

                              I am curious because you are an example of someone who is able to save more then I make. Do you mind sharing your savings rate?

                              Putting away that much money is impressive either way but even more so if you are living on less then you save.
                              I commented in another net worth thread a short time ago, but similarly have a high income and high savings rate.

                              Save 50% gross, 80% net in a very comfortable, non-restrictive lifestyle

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by Lordosis View Post

                                I am curious because you are an example of someone who is able to save more then I make. Do you mind sharing your savings rate?

                                Putting away that much money is impressive either way but even more so if you are living on less then you save.

                                Working back, 70% rise in savings means 378K in contribution out of that 540K increase. He might need 100-150K for living expenses, maybe even less. Taxes depend on how much of that 378K is in a tax advantaged plan versus after tax plan.

                                He/she probably earns 700-800K. I never earned that much from work but am approaching 300K+ earnings rom savings. Most of it gets reinvested after paying taxes.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X