Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: How much did your net worth increase in 2021?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: How much did your net worth increase in 2021?

For bonus points what % was from savings?
    Negative
    1.80%
    < 100K
    5.41%
    100K-200K
    9.91%
    200K-300K
    9.91%
    300K-500K
    17.12%
    500K-1M
    25.23%
    1-1.5M
    10.81%
    1.5-2M
    8.11%
    2-5M
    9.01%
    > 5M
    2.70%

About half of mine was from savings

Comment

This poll is of course biased to starting point. But in keeping with the question, about 25% of my gain was savings. I save a lot, but these days I’ve reached a cross over point where market gains tend to dominate.

Comment

My gain involved no savings since I am retired and no longer earn "income"

Comment

We increased 800k, about 240k was savings.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatton View Post
            My gain involved no savings since I am retired and no longer earn "income"
            +1.

Comment

The money I put in from my W2 savings came out to pay estimated quarterly taxes

Comment

Seriously biased sample here! Nobody in the $0-200K range? Who are these people?
                Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

25% from savings. Overall up about 8x annual expenses.

Comment

Net worth increased about 1.6 million. 400k from savings

Comment

I’d like to know who the negative is? Med student maybe?

Comment

Who are the two 5M+ so far? Wonder if it was anything different than having large portfolios and market returns.

Comment

Originally posted by The White Coat Investor View Post
                          Seriously biased sample here! Nobody in the $0-200K range? Who are these people?
                          Yes it is biased. Those still taking flight (paying of student loans) and getting started have not responded. I did not take the poll, did not want to screw it up for two reasons:
                          First, physicians are trying to get a yard stick.
                          Second, no income and in the withdrawal stage. A "low earnings occupation" that never made a fraction of the amounts physicians bring in. I doubled your challenge range "after" funding a house down payment, seed money and living expenses with for me an nice piece of bonds for SORR. The whole bias is the starting balance and not screwing it up. Savings helps, firepower helps more in this crazy market.
                          Click bait! The poll reflects the good fortune of folks that have financial capital. No more, no less.

Comment

Originally posted by The White Coat Investor View Post
                            I sold a rental property but am generally in the $100,000 range. I also wonder if people are counting an increase in real estate value which is like the market not a true gain in my opinion until sold. Its easy to look like a freaking genius when the markets are hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                              Click bait!
                              Alas I have not managed to monetize my polls

Comment

Working...
                              X