No announcement yet.

Indifferent Investing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On average, markets correct ~14% annually and we’ll see a bear of 20%+ q5 yrs or so. Learn to expect this, gets easier over time.

Would be interesting to have the ability to go back over the last few years on this forum and compile a thread of all of the “market is overvalued/due for a correction/in a bubble” etc posts for all to see. I know there have been plenty.

Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory and ignorant advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Originally posted by jfoxcpacfp View Post
      On average, markets correct ~14% annually and we’ll see a bear of 20%+ q5 yrs or so. Learn to expect this, gets easier over time.

Would be interesting to have the ability to go back over the last few years on this forum and compile a thread of all of the “market is overvalued/due for a correction/in a bubble” etc posts for all to see. I know there have been plenty.
      This time its real I swear!

half kidding

Comment

Originally posted by Special Delivery View Post
        As the markets dipped a little with news of the Omicron variant recently, I realized I didn't much care. My spouse and I have been minimally investing in retirement accounts over the past few years (now in the low six figures), and have only recently set about maxing our retirement accounts starting 2022. Since we're roughly 20 years away from retirement, and are comfortable with the risk at this time, our portfolio is essentially 45% S&P 500, 45% TSM, and 10% REIT. I realize the psychological impact of these swings might be different with seven figure retirement accounts, just as it is with a 4 or 5 figure retirement account, or if we were closer to retirement goals... but realizing I wasn't impressed and barely amused by swings bigger than a biweekly paycheck was a surprise to me.

Should I be feeling... more? Or is this "peace" natural, seeing as we are hands-off index investors who don't react to things and have a written plan?
        No, for one thing the market is barely down, another is up a ton this year.

Markets go up markets go down, if your time horizon is long, it matters not, if not, your AA should be setup to where it doesnt.

Comment

Don't assume the market dipped because of Omicron. That may be what financial columnists are saying, but they really don't know and often don't realize that correlation is not causation.
          Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

Working...
          X