Inflation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pitt1166 View Post
    my sister who is a BSN several years out of school is looking into traveling nursing... the highest rates she has been able to find have been ~3.5k per week in California.
    That's way below what some of the crazy rates used to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by xraygoggles View Post

Meh, people seem to be fanboying too much over a dictator.

Also, kinda strange to be mocking the Fed when he is literally denominating volcano bonds in USD...
      denominating the bonds in USD is part of the joke, thats the speculative attack. take out debt in the inflating currency, use proceeds to buy the alternative

Comment

• Originally posted by jacoavlu View Post

denominating the bonds in USD is part of the joke, thats the speculative attack. take out debt in the inflating currency, use proceeds to buy the alternative
        don't want to derail this thread so will continue elsewhere..

Comment

• Originally posted by Zaphod View Post

Why would it stay, inflation is right now a product of mismatches and yoy easy comps which will resolve. There isnt a single thing about anything in the world that is deflationary, most of all a ton of excess deaths. Oil just fell 20%, super deflationary. Further most of the prices people are complaining about are no different than 2019, while no one cried when they paid 99c for gas in 2020, its the jump back to what is normal that is difficult for people.

Transitory doesnt mean it goes back down.
          Powell said that we should retire the word transitory with regards to inflation. I suppose you missed that message.

https://twitter.com/nayibbukele/stat...673299968?s=20

If he does not believe it will be transitory and he is doing little (nothing) to diminish it and in fact is continuing to ignore the printing of trillions

then why should I believe it will get better?

I hope it does. I hope prices stop going up. I don't think it will happen any time soon.

You mention: "Oil just fell 20%"

Do you really think gas prices will stop going up anytime soon? I hope you are correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zaphod View Post

And yet, it hasnt happened. Value of the dollar is stable and it hasnt cracked even in the face of printing, in fact went up amongst it.
            Hmmmm? How so? If we have had an increase in money supply and we have had inflation (money buys less) exactly how has the value of a dollar gone up?

Not trying to be a jerk or fight. Frankly, I just do not understand what you are saying?

Seems inconsistent with inflation?

Comment

• You should read the "capitalist creed" chapter in Homo Deus, by Yuval Harari. Credit/debt is a promise for future increased resources/spending/production. Money is not zero sum. The Deficit Myth first half is an interesting read too in regards to MMT and economic policy.

Comment

• Originally posted by auggie1983 View Post
                You should read the "capitalist creed" chapter in Homo Deus, by Yuval Harari. Credit/debt is a promise for future increased resources/spending/production. Money is not zero sum. The Deficit Myth first half is an interesting read too in regards to MMT and economic policy.
                Can you give us the cliff notes version?

Comment

• https://www.richardhughesjones.com/y...ri-capitalism/

Comment

You should read the "capitalist creed" chapter in Homo Deus, by Yuval Harari. Credit/debt is a promise for future increased resources/spending/production. Money is not zero sum. The Deficit Myth first half is an interesting read too in regards to MMT and economic policy.
                    Did you find that book worth a read? I liked Sapiens, but from my past experience, when an unknown author has one mega bestseller hit, the ones that follow tend to be not so good.

Comment

• Read Homo Deus after reading Life 3.0, like Homo Deus so much I read Sapiens. Thought Homo Deus was way better. Thought life 3.0 was best but not exactly apples to apples

Comment

Read Homo Deus after reading Life 3.0, like Homo Deus so much I read Sapiens. Thought Homo Deus was way better. Thought life 3.0 was best but not exactly apples to apples
                        Added to Kindle

Comment

The Deficit Myth .
                          So i am guessing this is someone saying the federal deficit is not a concern?

The need for control of government spending and balancing of the federal budget are unnecessary?

True?

If so, can you succinctly describe,
                          in your own words, why this is true?

If not, then what exactly is this person saying relevant to our discussion?

thanks

Comment

• image widget

Comment

• Originally posted by Tangler View Post

So i am guessing this is someone saying the federal deficit is not a concern?

The need for control of government spending and balancing of the federal budget are unnecessary?

True?

If so, can you succinctly describe,
                              in your own words, why this is true?

If not, then what exactly is this person saying relevant to our discussion?

thanks
                              People have been worried about the deficit for 100+ years and im not seeing the fallout

Is the us not still one of the greatest and wealthiest and most powerful nations in the world? what evidence is there we should worry about the deficit?

Comment

• This is what people on the left believe, something called "modern monetary theory":
                                https://www.businessinsider.com/mode...easily%20fixed.
                                I'm no economist, but I think that it's like communism: it looks like it would work out in theory, but real world examples never work out for one reason or another.

Comment

Working...
                                X