Green Bay Packers common stock.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Bay Packers common stock.

I was intrigued about owning a part of an NFL team.

https://packersstock.com/

After looking into it, it would appear that your "investment" plus $35 handling fee gets you a piece of paper, an advisory vote, and an exclusive opportunity to buy more stuff. So...I am even MORE intrigued at the concept of making money from simple brand loyalty. Ingenious!

From the prospectus, you cannot make this stuff up:

COMMON STOCK DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN INVESTMENT IN “STOCK” IN THE COMMON SENSE OF THE TERM. PURCHASERS
    SHOULD NOT PURCHASE COMMON STOCK WITH THE PURPOSE OF MAKING A PROFIT. PARTICULARITY IN LIGHT OF THE
    TRANSFER RESTRICTIONS AND REDEMPTION RIGHTS OF THE CORPORATION DESCRIBED IN THIS OFFERING DOCUMENT,
    IT IS VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR ANYONE TO REALIZE A PROFIT ON A PURCHASE OF COMMON STOCK OR EVEN TO
    RECOUP THE AMOUNT INITIALLY PAID TO ACQUIRE SUCH COMMON STOCK.

And I bet they sell out quickly. Hopefully they’ve got a post-Rodgers plan because Jordan Love ain’t it.

Comment

Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post
      a post-Rodgers plan.
      Another stock (not stock) offering should do the trick!

Comment

Thanks for posting this! Hopeful I can get out of the queue to get my dad a Christmas present! I should've gotten it with the last stock sale, but declined. As die-hard Packers fans, this is considered something really special!

Comment

Originally posted by G View Post

Another stock (not stock) offering should do the trick!
          Or they should announce they’re entering the EV market.

Comment

Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post

Or they should announce they’re entering the EV market.
            EV market, funded with GBP-cryptocoin, bootstrapped on a stock (not stock) equity raise.

Now we're cooking.

Comment

As I recall, Packer stock became available >25 years ago when the organization raised money to expand the stadium. To mock this strategy is to reveal yourself as a hopeless loser supporting some other team. Redeem your status by purchasing a Cheese Head.
              Cheesehead - Wikipedia

Comment

At the end of 7 posts I am still befuddled

What exactly does a person who is not in Frigid Green Bay get from investing in this stock?

Comment

............ get from investing in this stock?

Duh! .. the owner gets pride, tribal association, legacy ownership, bragging rights. No need to live there to share in the high status.

Comment

Originally posted by jz- View Post
                    Duh! .. the owner gets pride, tribal association, legacy ownership, bragging rights. No need to live there to share in the high status.
                    Any cash returns?

Comment

Maybe they need to raise more money to keep Rodgers. You can buy real stock in Manchester United. Ticker MANU.

Comment

Salary cap, not lack of funds, is the issue with retaining talent.

Comment

Ahhh, the poison pill. You will never have to worry about corporate raiders or takeovers.
                          "No one may buy more than 200 shares (counting any shares that the person purchased in the 1997-1998 and 2011-2012 offerings)."

Comment

Got my 1 share!

Comment

Originally posted by SEC Doc View Post
                              Got my 1 share!
                              I'll give you $301. You'll have to eat the $35 'handling' fee but you'll be the only one to profit from this.

Comment

Working...
                              X