Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What percent of your portfolio is international?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What percent of your portfolio is international?

Curious to see of those active here, what % of your portfolios is in the international market? Inspired by a recent post saying that this is hotly debated.
    <10%
    27.38%
    10-15%
    13.10%
    16-20%
    14.29%
    21-25%
    16.67%
    26-30%
    14.29%
    31-35%
    5.95%
    36-40%
    3.57%
    >40%
    4.76%

I am at 20% of my equities in intl, but in a 60-40 portfolio so 12% of the overall portfolio.

Comment

25 percent international of total equities.

Comment

60% of equities. Wrong for fifteen years, still got to FI, no point in giving up now.

Comment

0. Overrated

Comment

30%. Though there is an argument to be had in investing in the country where greed can be maximally realized.

Comment

Thanks for starting this thread! I’ll be tracking the results…

Comment

30-40% of equities target

Comment

Wow, small sample size so far so lots of bias, but people really do disagree about how to approach this.

Comment

0 although it’s small enough to not matter. As an attending I know I’ll have to reevaluate and not having international is just a combo of greed, jingoism, and/or recency bias…. But man… international just doesn’t do itself any favors

Comment

29% of my stocks investments are in international.

But you asked a different question. We have a variety of other types of assets, companies we own, real estate we directly own, bonds, cash. So well under 10% of overall net worth is invested in international stocks.

Comment

Approximately 10% of the money I have at Vanguard is in VTIAX. I have a small amount of this same fund at Fidelity.

Comment

Portfolio : 20% of portfolio
                          Equities : 25% of equities

Intl is also allocated, 25% of Intl is EM and 75% developed INTL.

So far the returns for EM and INTL have been disappointing. But that is what AA is intended to do in both up and down markets, some will do better than others. My benchmark is NOT the S&P 500. Never wanted 100% equity.

Comment

pure international alone - close to 0%. I have a Janus Latin America fund from the 1990's and it is a dog. Never got another international fund.

But in reality many major US stocks get 40-60% of its profits from international sales - Apple, CAT, P & G, Facebook, Pfizer etc. Very few are pure US alone. I feel I have not missed anything by not having pure China or India or Latin America stocks. Because of strict accounting rules, I prefer to invest in US stocks listed in US exchanges than some shady foreign companies.
                            Last edited by Kamban; 07-05-2021, 08:33 AM.

Comment

25% of equities. Shooting for 30% of equities. I figure that’s enough to hedge my bets.

Comment

Working...
                              X