Inflation Hedge - Taleb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inflation Hedge - Taleb

I’m a big fan of Nassim Talebs books. I don’t always 100% agree, but most of the time I think the man knows what he’s talking about.

He’s recently been pretty against bitcoin, especially as an “inflation hedge.” He did say this regarding his thoughts on an inflation hedge.

could someone explain this like I’m five?

Im a pretty simple investor - mainly VTSAX, some real estate, a tiny amount crypto, a tiny amount in start ups. I don’t trade individual stocks or do any options.

https://twitter.com/nntaleb/status/1...839296524?s=21

It says 'this account owner limits who can view their tweets'.

Comment

Sorry. Here’s a screen shot

https://imgur.com/a/RuIGlFq

Comment

How much do you think inflation is going to be and how much do you think it'll affect you? People talking about inflation and then putting 1-2% of their portfolio into 'inflation hedges' doesn't really make any sense. I want to see some people who think it'll get crazy completely get out of the USD.

Comment

I don’t think I need some big inflation hedge, I was just trying to understand what he means by :

”The obvious robust hedge is short back month T Bonds (my position) + Curve spreads.”

Comment

Originally posted by WCInovice View Post
            I don’t think I need some big inflation hedge, I was just trying to understand what he means by :

”The obvious robust hedge is short back month T Bonds (my position) + Curve spreads.”
            well, whats obvious to nnt might need a minor bit of splaining to average geniuses. The only obvious part of that is shorting bonds, which is great as they get rekt with inflation (see this year), but I dont think most people are going to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaphod View Post

well, whats obvious to nnt might need a minor bit of splaining to average geniuses. The only obvious part of that is shorting bonds, which is great as they get rekt with inflation (see this year), but I dont think most people are going to do that.
              Yes.

I have a hard time integrating some of his principles into basic personal finance for a simple, conservative investor.

Comment

Working...
              X