Doximity IPO and the 15% reserved share program for physicians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doximity IPO and the 15% reserved share program for physicians

I assume it depends on how the IPO does, but is this a legitimate opportunity for physicians to make significant gains?

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/28/doxi...llocation.html

Only if you get out incredibly early (assuming you get in at the IPO price).

https://awealthofcommonsense.com/201...versubscribed/

I honestly didn’t know Doximity was a big thing.

Comment

idk anything about it or how they make money but you'd have to assume having so many docs, aka, highly wealthy/income people aka valued consumers is extremely valuable data to sell

Comment

Originally posted by Zaphod View Post
        idk anything about it or how they make money but you'd have to assume having so many docs, aka, highly wealthy/income people aka valued consumers is extremely valuable data to sell
        Drug companies, job/locums offerings, telemedicine app, etc. Not sure if it’s poised to really boom or what they’re planning on doing with the money they take in. They offer CME through curated articles, which is nice. But that seems like it would be more of an expense to them to attract customers. They have a social media ecosystem, which TBH is more of a risk than a benefit to physicians.

Comment

Full disclosure: I am a stock option holder in the company after previously completing a writing fellowship with Doximity. The non-proprietary literature I have read seems to point to the fact that the telehealth market is becoming lucrative, of which Doximity has a large stake.

Comment

I think they started trying to be more like the linked in for docs, letting us discuss medicine, etc, and expose us to targeted ads from pharma and recruiters. They are now pushing their telehealth tools.

I am not sure if this is a good opportunity for us to invest in the business making money off of us, or a chance to be used by the product and by the business. I am a member, and the news emails are not very helpful. Some of the commentary is interesting. The dialer app they have is very useful.

Comment

Interesting. I use their dialer daily and read some of the articles. It sounds like you probably have to be a more active user than myself to get in on the deal, but would be a kinda interesting experience to do with some "fun money".

Comment

Originally posted by wideopenspaces View Post
                Interesting. I use their dialer daily and read some of the articles. It sounds like you probably have to be a more active user than myself to get in on the deal, but would be a kinda interesting experience to do with some "fun money".
                I got the email and pre-registered indicating interest. Anybody planning on doing this for 5k?

Comment

Originally posted by SEC Doc View Post

I got the email and pre-registered indicating interest. Anybody planning on doing this for 5k?
                  I just saw my email and will at least “pre-register” to learn more about it.

Comment

I will probably preregister, but I am suspicious of most things "just for doctors," as my bias is that the finance community believes that doctor = chump. However, since the business depends on us, it might be worth owning a small piece of it. Isn't this the algorithm? Make a platform, go public, grow the platform and then let big tech eat you for a premium?

Comment

in my experience doximity is like linked in, there are a whole lot of people who don't use it, never would, and think it's kind of weird.

but there are more than enough people who use it heavily to make it extremely valuable.

Comment

I will probably pre-register too. I asked my fido adviser about it.

And I will probably cash out quick after the (presumed) early IPO pop, I have plenty of TLH losses from 2020.

Comment

A better idea would have been to purchase shares on the private market, pre-IPO, if possible, via Equity zen, for example.

Although if an IPO has already been announced, it's very unlikely any employees would be willing to part with their shares, except for a very high valuation.

Comment

Originally posted by MPMD View Post
                            in my experience doximity is like linked in, there are a whole lot of people who don't use it, never would, and think it's kind of weird.

but there are more than enough people who use it heavily to make it extremely valuable.
                            Count me as one who finds Doximity low quality and weird. I also think the same thing about linked in, Facebook, whatsapp, tiktok, Instagram, and twitter. So I'm going to take a hard pass on this one (I also hard passed on Google and Facebook at their IPO so consider me a reliable contrarian indicator).

Comment

Originally posted by SEC Doc View Post

Is 5k the min?
                              sounds like most people here would not go for this 'deal'?

Comment

Working...
                              X