No announcement yet.

Using Robinhood? Read this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

don't want to transfer it. i'm looking to profit it from it, if and when it goes up in 5 or 10 years then sell it. don't really care about the original intent of btc, just want to make money from it. i couldn't care less who owns the passwords, or passphrases, or digital wallets blah blah, i just want to buy and hold and maybe in the future it will be worth more then sell.

Comment

Sure, but given the recent liquidity issues with RH, I don't think I would trust them owning my BTC but YMMV. SIPC insurance doesn't cover BTC.

Comment

Much of this order flow completely ignores the electronic order book process. Highest bid and lowest ask. Multiple trade platforms for best price. Many limit orders are settle for a better price than the limit. The major brokerage firms don't actually control the price, they pic the exchange with the best price. The slippage is really your limit and place in the order book. Market orders are routed to the highest bid. The bid/ask spread aren't in the dark pools. That is block trades of 10k shares. You can actually request block trade desk and they will probably get you better prices than on your own. You won't get scammed on price.

"ensure that orders receive the best possible execution price by routing orders to a number of competing market centers. This is done by supervising order-flow routing activities, monitoring execution quality, and taking corrective action when venues aren't able to meet our quality standards." The broker trades your order on the exchange.

Comment

Originally posted by jfoxcpacfp View Post
          I suppose my next question is - why do so many highly-paid physicians choose to use this platform?
          Is this a thing? I have many young physician friends, all millennials, and no one uses Robinhood as their main account. They have their main taxable at a big place like Schwab or VG.

RH is good for meme stocks and crypto, if you just want to swing trade it. But mainly for options trading, due to the layout and nice UI. That's what me and my buddies use it for.

Comment

The only reason for someone to use RH is that they don't have a per options contract fee. TD Ameritrade and other brokers charge $.65 or something similar per contract. May not sound much but for the option lovers looking for the next YOLO and trying to buy 100 $.05 option contracts that $.65/contract eats into your hail mary quite a bite.

Other than that, every aspect of RH is inferior to the other brokers. Extended hours don't open up until 30 mins before market opens and closes earlier than other brokers. Their trade executions leave a lot to desire as well. They make it video game-like for a reason!

Comment

Citadel has RH by the testes and if you truly think RH is the way to go for call options then doesn't it bother you that they couldn't cover their margins last week?? they've been doing this for years and swim in instant digital data so they didn't know how this works or couldn't see it coming? and they shutdown only the buy side of the trade right when the hedgies were at their most vulnerable? I mean cmon
              It's psychosomatic. You need a lobotomy, I'll get a saw.

Comment

I use bitcoin for my fun money. My main strategy is maximizing tax advantaged spaces and taxable account above that.

$5-10K a year is my fun. So buying stock in things I believe will be around forever. Paypal (because they bought Venmo) or Carvana (because people won't sell cars to dealerships as trade-ins when it's so easy this way). It helps to partition things mentally for me.

Comment

more fun: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ource=url_link

Vanguard didn't send 1099 till 2/15 so really doesn't matter. but the masses want their tax refund asap...

Comment

Originally posted by Peds View Post
                    more fun: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ource=url_link

Vanguard didn't send 1099 till 2/15 so really doesn't matter. but the masses want their tax refund asap...
                    My vanguard one was available online at least a couple weeks ago

Comment

Originally posted by Panscan View Post

My vanguard one was available online at least a couple weeks ago
                      brokerage

Comment

? I dont understand. Yes for my vanguard brokerage account.

Comment

Originally posted by Panscan View Post
                          ? I dont understand. Yes for my vanguard brokerage account.
                          oh, weird then. yea mine were slated for 2/15 but showed up like 2/12.

Comment

Originally posted by Peds View Post

oh, weird then. yea mine were slated for 2/15 but showed up like 2/12.
                            Same here. Annoying...

Comment

Fidelity-
                              Consolidated Form 1099 In process available 2/27/21
                              Consolidated Form 1099 In process available 2/27/21
                              Consolidated Form 1099 Available Issued 1/23/21

What's up with that?

Comment

Mine showed up Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                X