No announcement yet.

Vanguard Molasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a contrary position, why would you be seeking to move money during periods of heavy traffic (that I assume are market driven)? Go back to ignoring the market.

There is no doubt that Vanguard needs to work on its infrastructure robustness, but I can't imagine they are not doing so. Anyway, speaking just for myself, I really can't move my money since my employers uses Vanguard to manage our retirement accounts. I can and have turn my pension committee on pushing Vanguard to fix these annoying glitches.

Comment

Originally posted by pierre View Post
      Vanguard app doesn't work for me. I can't log in to see a $0 balance.

Fidelity works fine.
      The Vanguard website has a banner that they are having technical issues and portions of the site are unavailable.

Comment

Just because of this thread I logged in and everything seems to be working well with me. I have my assets and it does not seem to be slower then normal.

Comment

It was not working this morning earlier.

Seems OK now.

Comment

Originally posted by G View Post
            Peds, that is the same thing my account showed this am. I know that it is more of a thought experiment of one of the big financial houses going down, but.... As it turns out, I have pretty equal distribution through different firms and I kinda like it.

Anyway, another vote for the simplicity of mutual funds over ETFs so you don't have to worry about spreads...or molasses speeds.
            i should clarify, i do not show a $0 balance. its just taking forever to navigate, move around.
            i also have 0% fear of "losing" my money being in 1 institution.

i just want things to work during times where TLH/periodic investing need to happen.....

Comment

Originally posted by Random1 View Post
              This is so you dont trade quickly when the market crashes.
              i dont need speed. MF post end of day, some ETFs i have i dont care if it takes a few minutes.

its just the infrastructure Vanguard built seems to be crippling during high volume days which is getting to me....

Comment

Originally posted by pierre View Post
                Vanguard app doesn't work for me. I can't log in to see a $0 balance.

Fidelity works fine.
                good to know your fidelity is stable.

Comment

I have not logged on the site for months. I use it when I have to add funds or buy certain ETF or Mutual funds. Otherwise it is just autopilot and ignore.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Ragman View Post
                    Just a contrary position, why would you be seeking to move money during periods of heavy traffic (that I assume are market driven)? Go back to ignoring the market.

There is no doubt that Vanguard needs to work on its infrastructure robustness, but I can't imagine they are not doing so. Anyway, speaking just for myself, I really can't move my money since my employers uses Vanguard to manage our retirement accounts. I can and have turn my pension committee on pushing Vanguard to fix these annoying glitches.
                    1- i am talking about personal/taxable access. would be interesting if the employer plan side was also experiencing similar issues.
                    2- id much rather put in money earmarked for next week today, lose a few %, and harvest back at my planned time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lordosis View Post
                      Just because of this thread I logged in and everything seems to be working well with me. I have my assets and it does not seem to be slower then normal.
                      yea it seems to have corrected now. move along ppl!

Comment

I just checked the app and my $ is back. Phew.

Comment

Originally posted by Peds View Post

1- i am talking about personal/taxable access. would be interesting if the employer plan side was also experiencing similar issues.
                          2- id much rather put in money earmarked for next week today, lose a few %, and harvest back at my planned time.
                          I did not look at the employer interface this morning, but I do think it issue was systemic. Separately, the employer side has some issues with modernization that my employer is advocating Vanguard address. In fairness, there are a lot of demands and Vanguard has to prioritize. Progress has been slow but is reasonably encouraging.

Comment

Schwab and fidelity fine. Entered a buy order. The cell phone push notification did take a few minutes instead of the usual instant notification.

Comment

Originally posted by Peds View Post

i dont need speed. MF post end of day, some ETFs i have i dont care if it takes a few minutes.

its just the infrastructure Vanguard built seems to be crippling during high volume days which is getting to me....
                              Speed is not the issue, Reliability is the question. Non-stop fail safe mirror image systems for high volumes are expensive. Yes, systems go down but if it is more than competitors, it counts. Customer complaints count. You did have a need to call and complain. Try the customer service that you "never need".
                              They need to hear "constructive complaints" for their own good. The "gold standard" reliability reputation and low cost competition is hurting them. Make the call.
                              System problems and a call center overloaded gets results.

Comment

Working...
                              X