Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 ends not with a bang....but not with a wimper.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VentAlarm
    replied
    Originally posted by EntrepreneurMD View Post

I don't do individual stocks and have already made this quite clear. Neither my mouth nor my money are there. I did name the FUNDS a year or two ago. Look at what happened! Isn't that exactly what you're asking? Investment--->outcome relative to benchmarks? Bravo indeed!

Predicting may be fun but macro and microtrends change. I act on existing prevailing data, which evolves so my estimations evolve with it to keep up with the healthiest sectors as they change hands. Capital inflows shift back and forth, professional investors understand this. It's more fluid and less crystalline than people here think, hence why acting on predictions doesn't make sense.
    So name your 10 funds. Let’s check back in a year.

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied

I did. Got me some spectacular returns this year.
    But you reduced leverage. What’s with that?

Leave a comment:

• HikingDO
    replied
    Originally posted by TXDoc21 View Post

What is the index to be in for 2021?
    Come back here December 31, 2021, and he’ll tell you then.

Leave a comment:

• TheQuietOne
    replied
    Dogecoin: 139.85%

Leave a comment:

• EntrepreneurMD
    replied
    Originally posted by VentAlarm View Post

So what are your predictions for 2021. Name the stocks or stop the bravado.
    I don't do individual stocks and have already made this quite clear. Neither my mouth nor my money are there. I did name the FUNDS a year or two ago. Look at what happened! Isn't that exactly what you're asking? Investment--->outcome relative to benchmarks? Bravo indeed!

Predicting may be fun but macro and microtrends change. I act on existing prevailing data, which evolves so my estimations evolve with it to keep up with the healthiest sectors as they change hands. Capital inflows shift back and forth, professional investors understand this. It's more fluid and less crystalline than people here think, hence why acting on predictions doesn't make sense.

Leave a comment:

• xraygoggles
    replied
    Originally posted by Brains428 View Post
    BTC- 303%
    TSLA- 730.4%

Insanity...
    Ethereum: 474%

Leave a comment:

• VentAlarm
    replied

So what are your predictions for 2021. Name the stocks or stop the bravado.

Leave a comment:

• EntrepreneurMD
    replied

Put your money where your mouth is.

Leave a comment:

• VentAlarm
    replied

There will be a lot more than 10.
    Put your money where your mouth is.

Leave a comment:

• Brains428
    replied
    Larry Ragman - I just have a small portion of the asset allocation in BTC (I also hold GLD, FWIW). It's just talked about enough that I felt like it should be included in the 2020 return bonanza.

I'm still in the TSLA bear camp (maybe not as a company or product, just current valuation). Still not dumb enough to short it. Even today it climbed while everything else grinded lower.

Leave a comment:

• EntrepreneurMD
    replied
    Originally posted by TXDoc21 View Post

Can I invest in a China index?

Leave a comment:

• EntrepreneurMD
    replied

Oh, great wise one, what are the 10 stocks that will significantly outperform the index this year?
    There will be a lot more than 10.

Leave a comment:

• EntrepreneurMD
    replied
    [QUOTE=TheDangerZone;n247571]

Your crystal ball is clear? Here's a post from you in February 28th, 2020. Emphasis mine. Leveraging? You're bragging about a huge cash position and how a "lion's share" of your investments are OUT OF THE MARKET because you think you predicted a prolonged bear market. Just another example of how your logic, actions and winning tactics flip flop depending on the current circumstances. The one consistent part? It always paints the picture that you knew exactly what was going to happen.

Happy new year, never change.

Oh yeah thanks! The lion share, in CRE and business investment had a great year too. Hence 2020 saw about $1.5M in debt erased and rising non-market asset appreciation. What a bang! FIREworks!!!

Of course I adjust based on the prevailing data, that's how it all comes together so well each year. Resilience and flexibility are key.

Excited about 2021!

Leave a comment:

• VentAlarm
    replied
    I told you all in advance (again) the Nasdaq/100 was the index to be in. Clear crystal ball. Leveraging it was good for a 100% return 2020. Sounds like a bang to me!! Enjoyed my fool's errand.

The price of ignoring wisdom...I mean foolishness...is significant relative underperformance. Missed opportunity. A longer road to FI/RE. I do know though that some didn't ignore and are sitting pretty on a FIRE fast track. FIREworks going into 2021!!!
    Oh, great wise one, what are the 10 stocks that will significantly outperform the index this year?

Leave a comment:

• TXDoc21
    replied
    I told you all in advance (again) the Nasdaq/100 was the index to be in. Clear crystal ball. Leveraging it was good for a 100% return 2020. Sounds like a bang to me!! Enjoyed my fool's errand.

The price of ignoring wisdom...I mean foolishness...is significant relative underperformance. Missed opportunity. A longer road to FI/RE. I do know though that some didn't ignore and are sitting pretty on a FIRE fast track. FIREworks going into 2021!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X