Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 ends not with a bang....but not with a wimper.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VentAlarm View Post

Oh, great wise one, what are the 10 stocks that will significantly outperform the index this year?
    There will be a lot more than 10.

Comment

Originally posted by TXDoc21 View Post

What is the index to be in for 2021?
      Can I invest in a China index?

Comment

Larry Ragman - I just have a small portion of the asset allocation in BTC (I also hold GLD, FWIW). It's just talked about enough that I felt like it should be included in the 2020 return bonanza.

I'm still in the TSLA bear camp (maybe not as a company or product, just current valuation). Still not dumb enough to short it. Even today it climbed while everything else grinded lower.

Comment

Originally posted by EntrepreneurMD View Post

There will be a lot more than 10.
          Put your money where your mouth is.

Comment

Put your money where your mouth is.
            I did. Got me some spectacular returns this year.

Comment

So what are your predictions for 2021. Name the stocks or stop the bravado.

Comment

Originally posted by Brains428 View Post
                BTC- 303%
                TSLA- 730.4%

Insanity...
                Ethereum: 474%

Comment

So what are your predictions for 2021. Name the stocks or stop the bravado.
                  I don't do individual stocks and have already made this quite clear. Neither my mouth nor my money are there. I did name the FUNDS a year or two ago. Look at what happened! Isn't that exactly what you're asking? Investment--->outcome relative to benchmarks? Bravo indeed!

Predicting may be fun but macro and microtrends change. I act on existing prevailing data, which evolves so my estimations evolve with it to keep up with the healthiest sectors as they change hands. Capital inflows shift back and forth, professional investors understand this. It's more fluid and less crystalline than people here think, hence why acting on predictions doesn't make sense.

Comment

Dogecoin: 139.85%

Comment

Originally posted by TXDoc21 View Post

What is the index to be in for 2021?
                      Come back here December 31, 2021, and he’ll tell you then.

Comment

But you reduced leverage. What’s with that?

Comment

I don't do individual stocks and have already made this quite clear. Neither my mouth nor my money are there. I did name the FUNDS a year or two ago. Look at what happened! Isn't that exactly what you're asking? Investment--->outcome relative to benchmarks? Bravo indeed!

Predicting may be fun but macro and microtrends change. I act on existing prevailing data, which evolves so my estimations evolve with it to keep up with the healthiest sectors as they change hands. Capital inflows shift back and forth, professional investors understand this. It's more fluid and less crystalline than people here think, hence why acting on predictions doesn't make sense.
                          So name your 10 funds. Let’s check back in a year.

Comment

So name your 10 funds. Let’s check back in a year.
                            I already posted my retirement account holdings. Why wait a year? Why don't you see how they did in 2020? They did about 50% collectively in 2020, excluding contributions but including cash drag. That's over triple the overall return the typical VTSAX, VFIAX, bond fund 1/3 1/3 1/3 3-fund portfolio did.
                            Last edited by EntrepreneurMD; 01-01-2021, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HikingDO View Post

Come back here December 31, 2021, and he’ll tell you then.
                              Already answered upstream, but if you want more specifics Hang Seng China New Economy Index:

https://www.hsi.com.hk/eng

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post

But you reduced leverage. What’s with that?
                                Of my NW, currently roughly 17% is invested in the markets, 21% is invested in CRE, 40% in personal business, 10% is in combined emergency/dry powder/self-insurance fund and the remainder is other (home, vehicles, etc). So about 80% of NW is actively invested in appreciating AND income producing assets, another 10% seeking low risk high reward opportunity (ie. a recessionary market, discounted RE, etc.). Not really much different than prior years.

You are correct, went debt free by paying off the CRE, so those specific funds went as full equity into the CRE investment. I know you and jacoavlu struggle to understand that CRE is an investment just as much as the markets are. You see it as paying off low interest debt instead of investing in the markets, I see it as paying off low interest debt AND INVESTING in CRE that also allows for my continued BUSINESS expansion. It may be a mistake and I'm only human, but it was nonetheless my investment/diversification preference. If it's a mistake, the outperforming funds made up for it. My biggest fund holding did 101% in 2020, allowing me a 7 figure return in my retirement accounts in 2020.

I still have the option to leverage at will, I just stopped paying the bank interest and improved cash flow. I can leverage several million whenever I wish against commercial and residential RE in addition to a $500K untapped HELOC. But leverage = risk, that's what's with that. The wealthy only leverage when they need to for good reason. Some things are generally not a good idea, like leveraging on margin for example. I'm generally not a fan of leveraging RE for market investment purposes under most market conditions, even at the cost of return. As I have done, I'd rather be aggressive with fund holdings and disengage real estate leverage from that risk. That risk is larger than you're considering. I can lose a multimillion dollar piece of RE that houses a multi-million dollar business if a significant threat challenges my ability to cover that leverage, sometimes at no fault of your own - look at the restaurant industry or furloughed employees this year. You can take some risk to invest, but excessive that can cost you everything is completely unnecessary. Please consider risk management in parallel to potential investment (leverage) reward.

We'll see what 2021 brings, looks promising based on what I'm seeing in the current data. I'm not particularly dissatisfied or satisfied with my 2020 performance - it was decent, hoping to enhance my skills in 2021. Always learning, always.

Comment

Working...
                                X