Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you seen what Microstrategy is doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Morgan Stanley now owns 792,627 shares of MicroStrategy, bringing its total ownership in the company best known for holding over $2 billion in bitcoin to 10.9%, according to a filing made with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission."

https://www.coindesk.com/morgan-stan...rategy-to-10-9

Comment

Originally posted by xraygoggles View Post
      "Morgan Stanley now owns 792,627 shares of MicroStrategy, bringing its total ownership in the company best known for holding over $2 billion in bitcoin to 10.9%, according to a filing made with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission."

https://www.coindesk.com/morgan-stan...rategy-to-10-9
      ie morgan stanley owns 7k BTC

Comment

So far, Saylor is a freaking genius. His company was the first publicly traded corporation that took the plunge into transferring their reserves from Treasuries to Bitcoin. Now some others are at least contemplating this idea as well. Whether they do or not is another story, but there is clear momentum in one direction.

Anyways, the stock is up 120% since the first post on this thread, with a market cap of 5.7B. If Bitcoin continues its bull run the rest of 2021, which I fully expect it to do, he could possibly have a 10B valuation. At that point, it might make sense for MicroStrategy to change a portion of their biz model to go into the crypto or blockchain space.

Comment

So far, Saylor is a freaking genius. His company was the first publicly traded corporation that took the plunge into transferring their reserves from Treasuries to Bitcoin. Now some others are at least contemplating this idea as well. Whether they do or not is another story, but there is clear momentum in one direction.
          I would be incredibly surprised if this became a common thing amongst publicly traded companies.

Comment

MSTR is holding a conference for other corporations this week on how to put BTC on the balance sheet (strategy, legal, compliance, etc). Saylor claims there is a massive interest. We will find out if he's full of hot air or there is truth to the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by chucki View Post
              MSTR is holding a conference for other corporations this week on how to put BTC on the balance sheet (strategy, legal, compliance, etc). Saylor claims there is a massive interest. We will find out if he's full of hot air or there is truth to the matter.
              Yep. Grayscale has also said a few times now that large endowments, hedge funds, and other big players are "interested" in Bitcoin as an inflation hedge. Whether it goes anywhere is anyone's guess, but I would say yes. Sea change.

Comment

Yep, been following it, but not touching it with a ten foot pole. High risk, high reward.

Never question a literal rocket scientist's motives.

Comment

Looks like Musk took Saylor up on his offer to help move company cash into bitcoin. 8% of Tesla cash turned into bitcoin! $1.5 billion of $19 billion cash reserves.

Comment

they’re doing it again

https://www.microstrategy.com/en/inv...e-senior-notes

Comment

MSTR has been a great play. Cooled off a bit last week, but has skyrocketed.

Comment

Originally posted by jacoavlu View Post
                        Correct me if I'm misunderstanding, but he's (im using the pronoun for the company and owner interchangeably) basically taking out loans again (selling notes) to buy more bitcoin? But he's able to control when to cash in the loans as either paying them back, or offering shares of stock, (redeem, repurchase or convert) at his sole discretion after 2024?

Comment

Originally posted by billy View Post

Correct me if I'm misunderstanding, but he's (im using the pronoun for the company and owner interchangeably) basically taking out loans again (selling notes) to buy more bitcoin? But he's able to control when to cash in the loans as either paying them back, or offering shares of stock, (redeem, repurchase or convert) at his sole discretion after 2024?
                          Basically yes. I haven’t tried to understand the intricacy of how the convertible notes work.

but basically he’s taking on debt denominated in fiat, and accumulating bitcoin

taking advantage of low interest rate environment, anticipating continued devaluation of the USD, and recognizes that there are large institutions that want exposure to bitcoin and have cash, but given limitation they can’t directly buy bitcoin

Comment

If you have the knowledge, risk tolerance, and stomach for it, you can make a pretty penny playing MSTR options, given the vol and high share price.

Juicy premiums. Yum. I've dabbled in last few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                            X