Bitcoin is still early

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol

someone starts an ethereum thread and it gets merged to bitcoin or now “crypto” thread

meanwhile just go ahead and look at some of the most recent threads on the forum.

to mandate that if someone wants to talk about ethereum, or dogecoin or some other shitcoin it has to be lumped in with what some are attempting to steer toward a real conversation about bitcoin, I think is absolutely ridiculous

Comment

• I ordered Bitcoin Standard today, forked over $20 today. Really hoping I can find convincing reasons to stay out after I understand it better (if my thick head is even capable of wrapping itself around crypto/blockchain). I really want to be educated on what I am "missing out" on, because I would like to sound as much in my reasons for choosing not to invest in crypto. At the same time, the last thing I need is to make my investments even more complicated...

Comment

• Originally posted by jacoavlu View Post
        lol

someone starts an ethereum thread and it gets merged to bitcoin or now “crypto” thread

meanwhile just go ahead and look at some of the most recent threads on the forum.

to mandate that if someone wants to talk about ethereum, or dogecoin or some other shitcoin it has to be lumped in with what some are attempting to steer toward a real conversation about bitcoin, I think is absolutely ridiculous
        Agree, what's the point of having a forum to discuss finance/investing, if you can't even talk about diverse, speculative investments?

But there are at least 25+ threads started on asset allocation for a $10k resident portfolio daily.

Comment

• Originally posted by xraygoggles View Post

Agree, what's the point of having a forum to discuss finance/investing, if you can't even talk about diverse, speculative investments?

But there are at least 25+ threads started on asset allocation for a $10k resident portfolio daily.
          hey man I just don't know 70/30 or 80/20

Comment

• hey, whatever mod merged the ethereum thread, PM me

Comment

• https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/...104020129.html

Dang. What's up with this guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by jacoavlu View Post
                Thank you! This was a really great read, I appreciate it.

After reading this, it would seem that the more optimal strategy, in terms of long-term moves, would be to just "HODL" bitcoin. It does seem a lot of these other aspects of DeFi, though, have some value in terms of short-term plays.

Comment

• Originally posted by xraygoggles View Post

Assuming you aren't asking facisously, WCI addressed this with his post on the Facebook group changes and a post here following that up...

Comment

• Originally posted by East coast View Post

Assuming you aren't asking facisously, WCI addressed this with his post on the Facebook group changes and a post here following that up...
                    Well, at least we are allowed to have this one section.

Personally, I am fairly new to this technology. The vast majority of my investments are in stable index funds (VTSAX, etc), but I feel there is always room for opportunity and "speculative" assets if you want to take a shot at something.

It's cool to have a section of this forum where long-time lurkers such as myself can discuss ideas with others and see what they think. I'm a fan of disruptive technology and what it can potentially offer, and this does seem to be a rather promising concept.

Comment

• I know WCI hates BTC and discourages it, but merging of this thread is not cool. BTC is quite different than ethereum and any other cryptos. I did not even know that there was an eth thread. Oh well, DYOR and DD as always.

Comment

• Originally posted by chucki View Post
                        I know WCI hates BTC and discourages it, but merging of this thread is not cool. BTC is quite different than ethereum and any other cryptos. I did not even know that there was an eth thread. Oh well, DYOR and DD as always.
                        I think the problem is it starts with Bitcoin. Then after sometime there are questions about Ethereum and slowly another thread starts. Then comes dogecoin, Litecoin, Polkadot and more and more threads might arise, like it happened in the early days of the coronavirus pandemic. And people post in Bitcoin asking about Litecoin and will Ethereum take over etc/ To avoid all that maybe it is better to have one thread for all crypto.

As to 10 threads on home refinancing by residents and other issues, well it is the bread and butter where WCI makes his money from advertisers. Maybe if there are sufficient crypto advertisers then we can have multiple threads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kamban View Post

I think the problem is it starts with Bitcoin. Then after sometime there are questions about Ethereum and slowly another thread starts. Then comes dogecoin, Litecoin, Polkadot and more and more threads might arise, like it happened in the early days of the coronavirus pandemic. And people post in Bitcoin asking about Litecoin and will Ethereum take over etc/ To avoid all that maybe it is better to have one thread for all crypto.

As to 10 threads on home refinancing by residents and other issues, well it is the bread and butter where WCI makes his money from advertisers. Maybe if there are sufficient crypto advertisers then we can have multiple threads.
                          They’re all vastly different. It’s like putting every type of insurance question (life, car, umbrella, disability, etc) under one thread. Jim has said it before but the forum is far from a moneymaker in the WCI world. It’s not my decision so I don’t have any pull but it’s disappointing there can’t be separate threads if interest is shown.

Comment

• I try not to B&M too much because I remember Jim can just shut this place down with a few mouse clicks if he decides it’s no longer worth it. I don’t love some aspects of the way the forum is run but it’s still by far and away the best internet community for me to discuss finance and investing.

Comment

• When the price of bitcoin tumbles I would bet they all do. I think this house of cards is more interwoven then people think.

Unfortunately it is making headway into real businesses and the market would probably suffer too when it collapses. Oh well another good buying opportunity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lordosis View Post
                                When the price of bitcoin tumbles I would bet they all do. I think this house of cards is more interwoven then people think.

Unfortunately it is making headway into real businesses and the market would probably suffer too when it collapses. Oh well another good buying opportunity.
                                There’s going to be some issues with Tether that are already known that will make the prices fall but I wouldn’t go as far as calling it a house of cards.

Comment

Working...
                                X