Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bitcoin is still early

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • * ETF alert *

    OBTC is now trading and available in your portfolio, if you desire Bitcoin exposure without using coins, or without opening a checkbook IRA. Great alternative to GBTC. (0.5% ER vs 2%).

    Edit:

    For your reference:
    GBTC: https://grayscale.co/bitcoin-trust/
    OBTC: https://ospreyfunds.io/products/
    Last edited by xraygoggles; 02-17-2021, 07:05 PM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by xraygoggles View Post
      * ETF alert *

      OBTC is now trading and available in your portfolio, if you desire Bitcoin exposure without using coins, or without opening a checkbook IRA. Great alternative to GBTC. (0.5% ER vs 2%).

      Edit:

      For your reference:
      GBTC: https://grayscale.co/bitcoin-trust/
      OBTC: https://ospreyfunds.io/products/
      OBTC is not an ETF

      understand what you buy, read the fine print

      Comment


      • How much of your guys' portfolio is Crypto? And 100% btc or diversified btc/eth/etc?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by jacoavlu View Post

          OBTC is not an ETF

          understand what you buy, read the fine print
          Also I don't understand how its priced seeing as the pricing vs the amount of BTC owned in dollars is 3:1. Priced at 54 with bitcoin holdings around 18 bucks/each

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Pileos View Post
            How much of your guys' portfolio is Crypto? And 100% btc or diversified btc/eth/etc?
            Less than goal currently, would like to get up to 10-15% eventually. 50/50 btc/eth, going to shift to 80/20. No other crypto

            Comment


            • Has anyone here used/heard of coinseed? Now being sued. https://www.businessinsider.com/ny-a...n-fraud-2021-2. Not sure if bc of bitcoin or pushing their own crypto and bitcoin was just used as clickbait in the article.

              Comment


              • Sounds like robinhood will eventually allow transfer of crypto in and out, when that happens it’s all going to blockfi.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jacoavlu View Post

                  OBTC is not an ETF

                  understand what you buy, read the fine print
                  Good call. I just saw the email in my inbox and wanted to share a new product. But you're right: it's not an ETF, but a trust. Still, it might be worth looking into for those that desire an easier way to invest in retirement accounts, for example.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Pileos View Post
                    How much of your guys' portfolio is Crypto? And 100% btc or diversified btc/eth/etc?
                    25% after this run-up past 6 months, but my goal long-term is 20%. Maybe higher if some of the projects I'm invested in end up being multi-baggers long-term, which is feasible.

                    At the very least I personally would advise 5-20% of portfolio to Ether. There are Bitcoin maxis who go 100%, which is not a bad idea either. Ether will definitely outpace BTC in the short term (this year for example), but long-term BTC is and always will be king. There is no flippening ever happening IMO.

                    My current portfolio at the moment is attached. I like to speculate in smaller coins, and take the profits back into BTC mainly. Not advising anyone to do that, of course...
                    Attached Files

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Pileos View Post
                      How much of your guys' portfolio is Crypto? And 100% btc or diversified btc/eth/etc?
                      Crypto is currently 10% of my portfolio. Currently 90/10 BTC/ETH but plan to eventually glide towards 80:20 BTC:ETH and potentially add ADA/DOT in the future.

                      Comment


                      • I don't have a problem with this. Maybe an all crypto threads kinda like the corona virus thread. Especially if the focus could be educational rather than a get-rich-quick gimmick.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by PedsFIRE View Post

                          Crypto is currently 10% of my portfolio. Currently 90/10 BTC/ETH but plan to eventually glide towards 80:20 BTC:ETH and potentially add ADA/DOT in the future.
                          I am curious about others' perspective on this too. I see a lot say BTC/ETH, but DOT has the former ETH lead in charge and is supposed to be an improvement on the system. How do people know, for example, that ETH might not be replaced by DOT? Where do people do their research in terms of non-BTC options?

                          Comment


                          • Also at 25% after this run up. I only own bitcoin at the moment.

                            As a millennial, I've been wondering what happens if there's a lot of retired boomers (who have all the wealth) trying to sell their index funds to millennials and zoomers who are more interested in crypto, real estate, and individual tech stocks?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by FreshPaint View Post
                              Also at 25% after this run up. I only own bitcoin at the moment.

                              As a millennial, I've been wondering what happens if there's a lot of retired boomers (who have all the wealth) trying to sell their index funds to millennials and zoomers who are more interested in crypto, real estate, and individual tech stocks?
                              Nothing? I mean unless all the "boomers" decided to sell all of their index funds (which include the tech stocks you zoomers will want to buy) on the exact same day, it shouldn't move the needle much, if at all. When you are selling your index funds to fund your retirement, the goal is not to sell them all off on the day you retire- for most the goal is that you sell a little while keeping most that is growing in value, so you dont run out of money. Many bogleheads will die richer than the day they started pulling income from their investments. Why would you think the stock market as a whole will crash when boomers retire?

                              Comment


                              • Ether 2.0 seems like antithesis of blockchain in many ways to me , somewhat like ripple but not as bad. The concept of super nodes and lower level nodes essentially defeats the purpose and simplicity of what made Bitcoin so elegant. It’s like they made this thing that is so complicated that it can’t exist in its pure state anymore

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X