Bitcoin is still early

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jacoavlu View Post
    “bitcoin is still early” even 1.5 years later. I think this tread started at like 15k lol

hold your own keys folks
    I started the original thread at about $8,700 but that one got shut down. So this one restarted at about 15K. We are still very early.

Agree with holding your own keys. Today was the first time I have felt like the price was really on "sale" since back in 2020. Probably will go lower, but this is the time to separate the winners from the losers.

On a side note, seeing my paper losses top well over 7 figures in all of my retirement accounts is somewhat always interesting. But it's also why I haven't stopped working. For anyone >5 years from retirement, the next few years might be the best buying opportunity of your investing career. Many of us were just starting our investing careers in the 2007-10 range which was the last outstanding buying opportunity. Let's see what the next 6-12 months brings.

Comment

• Would the next 6-12 years be long term? Or is months appropriate?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tim View Post
        Would the next 6-12 years be long term? Or is months appropriate?
        years, just like any other investment

Comment

• If it costs $35k to mine a bitcoin, why would someone do it for a loss? Unless you really think is is going to go above 35k.

Comment

• Anyone have predications on how low Bitcoin will go? Not trying to pile on, generally curious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Random1 View Post
              If it costs $35k to mine a bitcoin, why would someone do it for a loss? Unless you really think is is going to go above 35k.
              Market timing. Commodities markets do it all the time.

Comment

If it costs $35k to mine a bitcoin, why would someone do it for a loss? Unless you really think is is going to go above 35k.
                it doesn't cost nearly that much. any of those metrics that you read are kinda wild guesses. I run miners so I know exactly how much it costs me, and it's a lot less than that, and besides of course there is no "loss" if you're just holding the coins, real loss or gain only happens if you sold

I bought VTI and VXUS last Thursday and Friday. have I lost?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tim View Post
                  Would the next 6-12 years be long term? Or is months appropriate?
                  I meant months...But I was talking about a possible market crash/everything bubble popping buying opportunity. I think the next 6-12 months might continue to crash everything for a while which would present very good buying opportunities which would then be good holds for the next 10 years.

For example, I bought my house in 2010 for about 500K. I could have sold it earlier this year for 2.2M (I didn't as I need somewhere for myself and family to live). 2010 was a good time to buy a house. I think if rates continue to get hiked, the market continues to tank, and yes BTC price drops significantly more, it will be a good time to buy over the next 6-12 months. We will see.

Comment

• Remember when this time was different?

Pro tip: whenever someone says that, you can almost be 100% sure this time is certainly not different, and that person is either: 1) ignorant of financial history, market psychology, and history of bubble behavior or 2) a charlatan. Or 1& 2.

Comment

• Trying to predict when the market will rebound is a fools game. Maybe it will recover in 6-12 month or 6-12 years.

Comment

Trying to predict when the market will rebound is a fools game. Maybe it will recover in 6-12 month or 6-12 years.
                        Which is exactly why I said, "Let's see what the next 6-12 months brings". See above. I have no crystal ball.

But it would appear that over the past 6 months most financial assets (Stocks, Real Estate, Bitcoin etc etc etc) are starting to deflate. If this continues over the next 6-12 months, then prices may actually be considered "cheap" from a historical context. They have not been "cheap" by any measure since prior to 2012.

Of course we could be in WWIII in 6-12 months as well. Who knows. I will be here buying BTC either way.

Comment

• I'll say it again, nobody knows nothing

if you really want pain go look at any altcoin:btc chart

Comment

• Originally posted by NapoleanDynamite View Post
                            I will be here buying BTC either way.
                            I'll add to BTC sub-20k which may be tomorrow, then more sub-10k if it goes there.

ETH may be worth a buy sub-500

Comment

• Originally posted by Sampter View Post
                              Anyone have predications on how low Bitcoin will go? Not trying to pile on, generally curious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panscan View Post

Lol, not zero because too many irrational cultist maxi folks who will hodl to the grave.

But can definitely go below pre-covid levels, so sub-10k. Basically give up all gains in this historic bubble.

Comment

Working...
                                X